PDA

View Full Version : JetBoil Zip Vs. MSR PocketRocket

Bender8982
02-11-2012, 23:57
i'm on the fence with these two. Can i use the JetBoil as a simple stove for pots. Also What do you guys think about the Brunton Primus Micro. Im so lost, also is the fuel canisetr interchangeable on all of these? thanks guys.

Chrisj
02-12-2012, 02:21
I just got the Jetboil Sol a few days ago and love it. I used Pepsi can stoves and MSR Simmerlite before I bought the jetboil.
I got the jetboil to pretty much just to boil water and things like that. But the Sol comes with a pot stand that attaches to the stove. I haven't had a chance to try and really might not.

I will say if you were to use a regular pot on the jetboil there is no way it will be as efficient as using the jetboil cup. Because the cup has the fluxring that helps heat very evenly. JetBoil does make a pot and frying pan that has the fluxring.

If you are looking for a stove to do a lot of cooking on besides boiling water, IMO I wouldn't go with the jetboil just me though.

You can use the search option and find a lot of good threads on the jetboil and pocket rocket not to mention all the other stoves out there.

Hope this helps.