PDA

View Full Version : bly gap on Ga/NC line

jbsbestfan
02-12-2012, 17:21
I am hoping to do a weekend hike this coming weekend from Unicoi Gap to the Ga/NC line. My HG Trails illustrated map shows a trail going off of a dirt road up to the trail at Bly Gap. Does this trail still exist? I think I found it in 2010 when preparing for a section hike and want to make sure if my shuttle leaves me there I will be able to access Bly Gap.

jbwood5
02-13-2012, 08:51
I am hoping to do a weekend hike this coming weekend from Unicoi Gap to the Ga/NC line. My HG Trails illustrated map shows a trail going off of a dirt road up to the trail at Bly Gap. Does this trail still exist? I think I found it in 2010 when preparing for a section hike and want to make sure if my shuttle leaves me there I will be able to access Bly Gap.

I have my doubts that it has been maintained. I just went through Bly Gap this past Saturday and I think I saw that trail, but it appeared to have a lot of brush on it. Hopefully, others here will know better. We saw quite a bit of evidence of prior storm damage (tornado) in the general area, but the AT was excellent. It is just beautiful up there but very cold and windy Saturday.