PDA

View Full Version : tarp through the whites

amnesia
02-16-2012, 16:57
going sobo in june, carrying a non-freestanding tarp. is this going to be a problem through the whites? i wana get through the least expensive way possible. like not alot of hut stays. thanks for the help :)

Mountain Mike
02-16-2012, 17:02
I did it on my thru. you may have to plan on some long cords for tie offs though. Also it helps to carry a few light weight screw in hooks to anchor into wooden tent platforms & a hiking stick or trcking poles can come in handy.

Tinker
02-16-2012, 17:02
going sobo in june, carrying a non-freestanding tarp. is this going to be a problem through the whites? i wana get through the least expensive way possible. like not alot of hut stays. thanks for the help :)

Carry extra line and tie off to bushes or rocks around the tent platforms - no problem with a little ingenuity.

Slo-go'en
02-16-2012, 17:21
I sure hope you have a bug bivy for that tarp cuz if you don't you will be eaten alive. If your going SOBO through Maine in June, bug protection is a must or you will be driven out of the woods.

amnesia
02-16-2012, 19:33
thanks guys sounds good, and yes sir i do have bug protection, im super STOKED

garlic08
02-16-2012, 22:30
Same deal, l used a tarptent there in June and it worked fine. A little ingenuity, yes. Major problems, no.