PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Trials Sponsorship Contest

jjimen16
02-17-2012, 01:08
Hello everyone!

If you guys havent already heard, Zach Davis AKA Badger (Author of the new book Appalachian Trials) is hosting a sponsorship contest for one lucky 2012 thru hiker. I have sent him my video and have worked really hard on it and hopefully it will show.

I am trying to win the sponsorship because it will be a huge aid in allowing me to accomplish my dream of a thru hike.

The contest starts tomorrow. And the video with the most "likes" under the respective post will win.
Here is the link where my video will be uploaded. http://blog.appalachiantrials.com/badger-sponsorship/

Please, look for the video that says "Joseph Jimenez Wants to Win Badger Sponsorship Because" and "like" the video on that blog.

Again, the contest starts tomorrow so if you follow the link now, you will not see the video.
I sincerely appreciate any support from you guys, thank you so much in helping a fellow hiker.

thanks again,
Joseph Jimenez.

jjimen16
02-17-2012, 01:09
Also, He has written a great book. You guys should def. check it out!

WingedMonkey
02-17-2012, 01:12
At least said sponsor has a sense of humor when he self promotes himself.

The above sponsorship package is valued at $24,500,230 (my emotional support is worth a lot). You get all of this for free.

jjimen16
02-17-2012, 01:25
At least said sponsor has a sense of humor when he self promotes himself.

I know, he seems like a really cool guy to work with, thats another reason why I would love to win. I think it will be alot of fun getting a random mail drop from a guy who says stuff like that.

TOMP
02-17-2012, 01:42
So free mail drops and someone to put them together for you? Sounds nice good luck.

theoilman
02-17-2012, 07:17
"T R I A L" what?

Do you mean "T R A I L"?

Two very different things!

Schemer
02-17-2012, 08:14
"T R I A L" what?

Do you mean "T R A I L"?

The Name of Zach's book is Appalachian Trials, hence the name of his sponsorship.

jjimen16
02-17-2012, 08:16
"T R I A L" what?

Do you mean "T R A I L"?

No. I meant Trial.

Schemer
02-17-2012, 08:27
No. I meant Trial.

Gave your video a thumbs up sir, good luck getting the sponsorship.

rocketsocks
02-17-2012, 08:34
Man it's like your on trial here,hey good luck jimbo,cool concept:cool:.Go Badger Go Badger!:banana

jjimen16
02-17-2012, 09:04
Gave your video a thumbs up sir, good luck getting the sponsorship.

Thank you do much for the support. But actually, he has not yet posted the videos to the blog http://blog.appalachiantrials.com/

He will do it shortly. That's where the thumbs up count. Thanks again

WingedMonkey
02-17-2012, 10:43
I actually followed Badger's blog during his hike last season, and checked out his other web sites and interests. Even during his hike he was giving away "freebees" from manufacturers on his facebook, and getting those all important booze drops and gifts from his followers. His other sites also speak to the art of self promotion through web hits and popularity and contacts.
The fact that he has put out an e-book so fast after his hike shows his gift for self-promotion. So does your daily posting for his web site.
He's a rare visitor here, maybe he will chime in.
:p