PDA

View Full Version : Toccoa Riverside restaurant gone!

SGT Rock
02-19-2012, 00:07
I just got this in today: http://fannin.fetchyournews.com/archives/1834-State-Fire-Marshalls-Investigate-Fire-at-Toccoa-Riverside-Restaurant.html

It was one of my favorite stops on the trail. I'm sorry to hear of their loss, they will be missed.

hobby
02-19-2012, 00:22
I also got this news today. I have a cabin in the area and have enjoyed the pecan crusted trout many times. Glad no one was injured and hope that rebuilding is in the plans. Great place and people.

10-K
02-19-2012, 08:14
The little store across the street has a really good short order kitchen. I watched the owner slice a potato to make my fries and she hand pressed hamburger meat to make my burger. Pretty good.

Don H
02-19-2012, 10:54
Where is this?

SGT Rock
02-19-2012, 20:01
The little store across the street has a really good short order kitchen. I watched the owner slice a potato to make my fries and she hand pressed hamburger meat to make my burger. Pretty good.
When I went by there last month they are also closed. I hope something re-opens in this section.

Where is this?
Mile 37.4 at the intersection of Aska Road and Stanley Creek Road. Page 16 & 17 if you have my guide.

10-K
02-19-2012, 21:46
When I went by there last month they are also closed. I hope something re-opens in this section.

Well, that is bad news indeed. Especially with the little store <20 miles from Springer has closed as well.

Basically, that means Cherry Log is the first real quickie resupply point if memory serves.

10-K
02-19-2012, 21:55

Well, that is bad news indeed. Especially with the little store <20 miles from Springer has closed as well.

Basically, that means Cherry Log is the first real quickie resupply point if memory serves.