PDA

View Full Version : Work in ME post-thru Hike

eflynn
02-19-2012, 01:01
Has anyone had luck finding work in ME post hike? I'm planning on finishing late July and would like to spend an extra few months up there, if I'm able to find employment. It's too late for the normal seasonal gigs, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear em.

peakbagger
02-19-2012, 08:05
There is actually a bit of demand for folks to work in the tourist industry during leaf season from September to October as a lot of the college kids and high school kids have gone back to school. Most of the toursts head to the coast or thw White mountains so thats where the jobs are.

brian039
02-21-2012, 02:21
Pulling lobster traps, not sure exactly what the season is though.

restless
02-21-2012, 11:24
Check with AMC at Pinkham Notch on your way thru. They havea couple of wilderness lodges close to Gulf Hagas and the AT. You could summit Katahdin and walk back to start work...

grgs
02-21-2012, 13:53
McDonalds in Millinocket, there are a bunch of sporting camps/ campgrounds near Baxter state park, Chewonkii campground on the west branch near abol bridge! Whitewater Rafting should still be going on.

handlebar
02-21-2012, 23:02
There might be something available through Maine Conservation Corps. They seem to have folks starting at various times.