PDA

View Full Version : What is the best address to Mapquest for Unicoi Gap

cburnett
03-21-2005, 20:07
hey,

I'm trying to have my parents drop me at Unicoi Gap for my spring break. What is the best address to mapquest?

yeh, I realize that the crossing is outside of Helen, GA. but reading east 9 miles (to helen from trail, i.e. 9 miles west back to trail) in my Companion doesn't help me when I'm looking at an atlas- not on the trail.

Father Ounce '04

Youngblood
03-21-2005, 20:27
hey,

I'm trying to have my parents drop me at Unicoi Gap for my spring break. What is the best address to mapquest?

yeh, I realize that the crossing is outside of Helen, GA. but reading east 9 miles (to helen from trail, i.e. 9 miles west back to trail) in my Companion doesn't help me when I'm looking at an atlas- not on the trail.

Father Ounce '04
Where are you coming from? You don't necessarily have to (or want to) go through Helen to get there.

Youngblood

papa john
03-21-2005, 20:30
Here are some directions from different towns in the area:

http://georgiatrails.com/maps/appal4.html

PJ

Mother Nature
03-21-2005, 21:18
Casey,

Smokestack and I were so pleased to see you finish!

We can give you directions to the cabin if you email me if that would help.

Would really like to see you and hear about your journey!

Mother Nature and Smokestack

SnakebiteSurvivor
03-21-2005, 22:46
It might also be good to tell them that Unicoi Gap is right on the county line (the mileposts on GA highways count down to 0 at the county lines), at the height of land (top of a pass), with a large flat parking area on the right (headed north) or left (headed south).