PDA

View Full Version : Needed a new Neo Air. Oh well.

hikerinnc
02-20-2012, 00:55
I have an original Neoa Air, 15 ounces full length. My son is now backpacking with me and need a pad so we went to REI to get the new Xlite Neo Air pad. My current pad makes a little noise when you move around but its not that big of a deal. When we tried the new XLite Neo Air, holy cow it was loud! I'm talking real loud. I was excited to see its down to twelve ounce for the full length and I am a semi gram weenie, but no way I was going to get the new Xlite. Cool thing is my son loved the zlite and it now has the sol type of reflective material like the ridge rest now. That saved me $110.00. So yes my 7 yr old is awesome, but be for warned about the new Neo Air Xlite. Ear plugs required if you or any one close to you has one, yes it's that loud.

Ohio Grown
02-28-2012, 01:46
It's a little noisy but it's not that loud. Worth it for the weight and comfort IMO. Besides, by the time I'm settled it and going to sleep I'm not moving so there's no more noise.

bflorac
02-28-2012, 02:32
Even the original is load. It seem some are louder than others or they get quitter with use. I was camping with someone last year and theirs was a lot louder.

ezNomad
02-28-2012, 04:24
I have a NeoAir Trekker. Mine's fine, slight noise like you were saying - I like less air in so there is some give, but one time I had it fully inflated and it was much louder, so maybe it's related to how inflated it is (?)

tuswm
02-28-2012, 14:53
I have a NeoAir Trekker. Mine's fine, slight noise like you were saying - I like less air in so there is some give, but one time I had it fully inflated and it was much louder, so maybe it's related to how inflated it is (?)

The neo trekker is made of a totally different material. Its a MUCH more comfortable pad than the original neo at only a minor weight penelty.

The new Xlite apears to have a space blanket in the middle. I used a space blanket as a gound cloth once on a cold night. It was so loud that the movment of my opwn breathing kept me awake.