PDA

View Full Version : Buying Ziplocs

RWheeler
02-20-2012, 19:21
This just crossed my mind... when you resupply and you're repackaging everything, do you just buy boxes of Ziplocs and carry the ones you don't use to save for the next resupply and just use that stock until you run out, then buy more? Or are there places that sell them singly?

I thought of this when messing with a trash bag as a pack liner. "If I have to replace it, do I have to buy a whole box? Or do I try to just yogi a single bag if I need one..."

Same goes for other odd-items where the purchase quantity is totally not what you'd carry... I just can't think of other stuff right now?

bamboo bob
02-20-2012, 19:23
Just buy a box and give the extras to other hikers or put them in a hiker box or split the cost with another hiker.

swjohnsey
02-20-2012, 19:53
I save my Ziplocs and reuse 'em.

Wise Old Owl
02-20-2012, 20:28
I prefer the mice scented ones....mild but very fresh.....

bgood360
02-20-2012, 21:27
I am so glad someone besides me has these sort of questions on their minds, and I'm even more glad that they actually ask them out loud.

Thanks, RWheeler, for putting the question out tnere, and thanks to everyone else for answering.

Now, on what aisle does Krogers keep those mice-scented zip-lock bags? Better go ask the manager...

RWheeler
02-20-2012, 21:34
I am so glad someone besides me has these sort of questions on their minds, and I'm even more glad that they actually ask them out loud.

Thanks, RWheeler, for putting the question out tnere, and thanks to everyone else for answering.

Now, on what aisle does Krogers keep those mice-scented zip-lock bags? Better go ask the manager...

No problem! And 7.

Spokes
02-20-2012, 22:05
1+ on what Bamboo Bob said.

bigcranky
02-20-2012, 23:08
Just buy a box and give the extras to other hikers or put them in a hiker box or split the cost with another hiker.

This. Share among your fellow hikers. Ziplocs are not expensive, and the other hikers can reciprocate in the next town.

TOMP
02-21-2012, 00:35
Currently I just eat out of one zip lock or mountain house bag and store the rest of the food in other zip locks. So I keep rinsing out the one "eating" bag then just refill the "storage" bags. Only dry food is in the "storage" bags. This way I dont have to replace very often and when I do its just the "eating" bag. I think this will work on my thru hike too.