PDA

View Full Version : elemental horizons aquilo

Hiking Man
02-21-2012, 21:03
Does anyone here have a elemental horizons aquilo pack or know someone that does? That could shed some light on the fairly new backpack maker our of North Carolina. I heard about them a few years back, but it seams like they are becoming more and popular. Thanks!

chiefduffy
02-22-2012, 02:08
I saw them at Trail Days and decided that would be my next pack. Havent worn out my ULA yet, tho. My buddy has one and loves it. I don't believe there is a better pack out there.

Hiking Man
02-22-2012, 15:22
I saw them at Trail Days and decided that would be my next pack. Havent worn out my ULA yet, tho. My buddy has one and loves it. I don't believe there is a better pack out there.

What do you think makes them better then a ULA?

chiefduffy
02-23-2012, 00:50
I was very impressed with the design and construction. Appears to combine the best features of ULA and Gossamer Gear packs, while using lighter fabrics than ULA. I have been carrying my Catalyst for many years-I've found it to be bullet proof and large enough to carry too much gear. It was perfect when I started out, but I'm ready for a slightly smaller and lighter pack. The Aquilo fits the bill exceptionally well. Cheaper, too. I'm no expert, nor am I in the ultra-light range (yet), so YMMV. Hope this helps..

-Duffy

Hiking Man
02-23-2012, 10:11
It does help. I have never seen one in person, so it good to know from someone that has a ULA and has seen a elemental horizons in to person to be able to compare the two packs. I think i may give Elemntal horizons a try and both of us being form NC is nice also.

Persistent
02-23-2012, 10:29
Matthew is a great pack maker and a nice guy. He will be at Amicalola Falls State Park on the weekend of March 2 - 4 for the AT Celebration Backpacking Clinic and he will also be giving a presentation on packs. I have no financial association with him or Elemental Horizons - I am just a friend and we will be there that weekend too.
Marc Penansky
LightHeart Gear

Hiking Man
02-23-2012, 13:46
Thanks Marc.

By the way i got my LightHeart Gear duo wedge tent last Friday and loved it. Thanks to you and your wife for making a great, great product as well!