PDA

View Full Version : Radio to listen to Braves Baseball?

hobby
02-22-2012, 16:09
I'm a big Braves fan and want to listen to games on the trail. Figure it will help pass some time on day games and entertain me with night games. I'm sure there are local stations in the South that will broadcast the games, but when I get further North, probably not. Is there a portable sattelite radio that would work? Be light enough? Have good battery life? I really (obviously) don't know anything about them. Any other suggestions? Thanks

bamboo bob
02-22-2012, 16:12
I love my XM sat radio in the car but I've not seen a portable one that works well.

bigcranky
02-22-2012, 16:16
By the time you get up north, the Braves will be busy blowing their big lead in the NL East anyway, so it's no great loss. (Not sure what smiley to put here to let you know I'm joking. I'm a longtime Braves Fan, going back to the late 80s when I was living in Richmond and spending a lot of nights at R-Braves games.)

Turk6177
02-22-2012, 17:22
Go to Sirius.com and shop their store. They have an arm worn unit that has a 4 hour recording time as well. You could record a game at night and listen to it in the daytime as you walk. It is not like you are going to know the score yet anyway. Good luck.

xokie
02-22-2012, 17:40
By the time you get up north, the Braves will be busy blowing their big lead in the NL East anyway, so it's no great loss. (Not sure what smiley to put here to let you know I'm joking. I'm a longtime Braves Fan, going back to the late 80s when I was living in Richmond and spending a lot of nights at R-Braves games.)
By the time you get up north you can tune in to hear the Red Sox blow their big lead. (They can be found on AM radio from NY to ME.)

carpattack
02-22-2012, 20:25
You can always buy the MLB app on your phone and listen to games that way (as long as you have cell signal)

brian039
02-22-2012, 20:51
I could get Braves games until VA on my AM/FM pretty regularly. They played the Phillies, Nationals, and Mets pretty regularly though and it was nice to tune in to those games when they were available. A satellite radio would have been great though!

Tramp
02-22-2012, 20:53
Try looking at the ccsw from c crane co. 6.5 oz.

lush242000
02-22-2012, 20:54
If you have an iPhone, download Tunein Radio. You can listen to about any am or fm station in the country. It's a cool app. Of course you need coverage.

Hikerhead
02-22-2012, 20:58
I could get Braves games until VA on my AM/FM pretty regularly. They played the Phillies, Nationals, and Mets pretty regularly though and it was nice to tune in to those games when they were available. A satellite radio would have been great though!

That what I was going to say. If you camp higher up on the ridge you'll be able to catch most games. I'm going to see them play the Nationals in FL on 3-6 (lucky me) :)

Snowleopard
02-23-2012, 10:12
If any of the Braves' AM radio stations has a clear channel (frequency protected from interference from other stations) you can probably pick it up at night on most of the AT. I got my son this radio which has very good AM reception.
http://www.amazon.com/Kaito-KA1103-Worldband-Radio/dp/B0006OCEFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330005975&sr=8-1 (http://www.amazon.com/Kaito-KA1103-Worldband-Radio/dp/B0006OCEFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330005975&sr=8-1)

moldy
02-23-2012, 16:19
Go to the MLB Braves web page, they list all the Ga, Nc, Tn, and Va stations and freq's. The only problem I had was violating Hiker mid-night. I was too pooped to listen to games in Eastern Time Zones 7:05pm start times. Don't forget a Braves schedule.

brian039
02-23-2012, 18:29
Go to the MLB Braves web page, they list all the Ga, Nc, Tn, and Va stations and freq's. The only problem I had was violating Hiker mid-night. I was too pooped to listen to games in Eastern Time Zones 7:05pm start times. Don't forget a Braves schedule.

Yep, I don't think I ever made it past the 4th inning.

DaSchwartz
02-24-2012, 21:02
There isn't really a satellite radio that is viable on the trail due to their size and other factors. The battery on an iphone won't be powerful enough to withstand streaming several days of MLB radio. The CCrane-SWP (not the SW) is your best bet as far as small size and good AM antenna go but since the Braves don't have a 50000 watt blowtorch carrying their games, you'll probably of out of their range when you hit Northern north Carolina.

Wise Old Owl
02-24-2012, 21:16
just wanted to put this out there... I cannot solve this .... BUT a smart phone in a trail town can.. with an app.