PDA

View Full Version : NOBO Hiker's Leaving early April looking for likewise

no direction home
02-22-2012, 21:36
Hey, looking for some other people hitting the trail in early April. Figured it might be good to know some people before
I head out there. I'm currently living in Charleston, Sc but am originally from MA, 23 years old, taking a break from college. Super excited for the journey up ahead. Weighed my pack today (a little heavy at 26 lbs, gonna try to trim some pounds) and finished my itinerary up through the Delaware water gap. Can't wait to be out there, been training for months and its finally sinking in that its right around the corner!
:banana

takethisbread
02-23-2012, 13:32
as much as i like The Pour House and your Dylan handle, i must urge you to just start with the 1,000 other hikers leaving the foirst week of April. youll meet plenty of mates, unless you are a woman, in which case i think starting with a friwnd is beneficial.

Hey, looking for some other people hitting the trail in early April. Figured it might be good to know some people before
I head out there. I'm currently living in Charleston, Sc but am originally from MA, 23 years old, taking a break from college. Super excited for the journey up ahead. Weighed my pack today (a little heavy at 26 lbs, gonna try to trim some pounds) and finished my itinerary up through the Delaware water gap. Can't wait to be out there, been training for months and its finally sinking in that its right around the corner!
:banana

barefoothiker11
02-23-2012, 14:03
Hey man,

Im starting on April 2nd. 22years old from Miami, Fl here. Been training and prepping for quite some time now. shoot me a private message so we can talk more details.

Brady
02-23-2012, 16:31
Hey man,

Im starting on April 2nd. 22years old from Miami, Fl here. Been training and prepping for quite some time now. shoot me a private message so we can talk more details.
broward county here. Hittiing the trail April 1, staying in hiker hostal night before. no approach to springer

no direction home
02-24-2012, 09:45
I'm hitting the trail April forth, figure it will be a little less crazy with a mid week departure. Looking to keep the miles low at first. My primary goal is to lose some weight. College has not been kind to my figure, haha. Used to play football and do crew and since I've gone to school I haven't led the most active life style. Hoping to turn that around.

SRosePennState
03-26-2012, 18:34
If you guys are still planning on heading out soon let me know. I'm 24 year old female, pretty good shape, have everything ready to go...just looking for some people to start out with to get a general feel for how the hike is going to go. Let me know.

SRosePennState
04-01-2012, 17:06
Hey, I'm leaving tomorrow if you're still heading out and interested in meeting up.

Derek Harris
04-06-2012, 12:49
Currently in the car headin to Georgia right now. Hitting the approach trail tomorrow in the a.m. Hit me up of you gonna be interested.