PDA

View Full Version : Farting in sleeping bag

sailsET
02-23-2012, 01:11
Just checking. How do you feel, when you are zipped together in your sleeping bag with someone else, and they rip a really nasty fart?

Mr. Right
02-23-2012, 01:21
Ah... finally, a read hiking thread.

Elder
02-23-2012, 01:36
Ahh..the immortal Dutch Oven: While double bagged, rip a nasty, pull bag over partners head, pull drawcord.
Enjoy coughing/gagging, etc. until they remember they can Hurt you....8)

Sailing_Faith
02-23-2012, 02:27
As of right now (as I type) 33% of respondents do not believe it is any big deal... I am inclined to agree.

Let's face it, when hiking we sometimes ingest things we may not otherwise eat... (like mountain house eggs, or chili)...

I am thinking that if you find yourself IN a sleeping bag with someone, it would SEEM that you may be reasonably concerned with their well being.... you would not want them to explode would you ?

It might also be worth considering that it might EVEN be a complement in a weird sort of way... that the person feels so incredibly close to you that they are completely beyond being self conscience about such things...

Clearly it is a high complement indeed.

swjohnsey
02-23-2012, 11:33
If you know someone well enough to be in a sleeping bag with them, farting shouldn't be a big deal.

Spokes
02-23-2012, 11:42
The thread on how to wash a down sleeping bag will follow....

Tinker
02-23-2012, 11:54
No harm as long as you only pass gas,

not mass. :o

Sailing_Faith
02-23-2012, 12:47
No harm as long as you only pass gas,

not mass. :o

Those are words to live by right there.... yes they are!

surfnturk
02-23-2012, 12:58
Let me be the first to ask why do grown men think a post like this is funny or cute? Pretty disgusting really.
Yeah I know it's my first or secone post but I dont really give a rats ass

lemon b
02-23-2012, 13:25
Powerless....

Tinker
02-23-2012, 13:37
Let me be the first to ask why do grown men think a post like this is funny or cute? Pretty disgusting really.

Ever listen to any popular female comedians? Talk about gross! :o :)

Men are either naturally retarded in development (we are always boys), or maybe it's just that we realize that life is so hard we need to make everything funny.

As for your last statement - you obviously do care. :)

Most of the time when people say they don't really care, they really do. Does that make them liars (at least to themselves)?
:-?
And, of course, when you stereotype a whole segment of the population you risk being branded many things, the least of which, (though extremely popular among the "politically correct", and a term which makes no sense, unless one makes politics their moral or ethical standard) "intolerant".

I notice the lack of a "real" name on your profile, so I can assume you have a personal agenda. :)

surfnturk
02-23-2012, 14:02
you sure do assume a lot. Obviously you are very defensive about this subject. I love this kinfd of humor with my close buddies, etc. What kind of a "personal agenda" can I have on a website about hiking? Enlighen me on my choices of agendas?
I made an honest observation, period.
And what makes you think I "obviously do care" Stupid statemetn that makes zero sense. If I cared I wouldnt have posted it.
I don't think your strong suit is psycho analyzing.
FYI, I registered here so I assumed my name was on my profile. If it isnt and your curious then just ask me.
Your turn.
Now you

Sailing_Faith
02-23-2012, 14:07

What a reply.... You sir, are clearly all class.... :rolleyes:

FWIW,

I am offended that you are offended! :cool:

As a matter of fact, I am double offended! So there!
Where does that leave things?

BTW, the OP is female. This was originally posted in the 'women's issues' forum.

surfnturk
02-23-2012, 14:08
I forgot. How did I "generalize a total segment of the population"?? Please answer that.
Another ridiculous statement. I am going to generalize you as insane.

Tinker
02-23-2012, 14:10
you sure do assume a lot. Obviously you are very defensive about this subject. I love this kinfd of humor with my close buddies, etc. What kind of a "personal agenda" can I have on a website about hiking? Enlighen me on my choices of agendas?
I made an honest observation, period.
And what makes you think I "obviously do care" Stupid statemetn that makes zero sense. If I cared I wouldnt have posted it.
I don't think your strong suit is psycho analyzing.
FYI, I registered here so I assumed my name was on my profile. If it isnt and your curious then just ask me.
Your turn.
Now you

No need to apologise, no desire to continue discussion. No winner, no loser.

Sailing_Faith
02-23-2012, 14:13
Oh yea...

... and welcome to White Blaze...

... we generally do not take things to seriously here*. :D

*(Unless discussing hammocks, ultra-light hiking, sleeping in shelters, stove types, hiker magic, gators, unemployment, hiking poles, use of GPS, when to depart, merits of NOBO vs SOBO, safety on the trail... oh, and guns! Of course guns... and bears, we DO take bears seriously [or not, depending on your preference]..., oh, AND use of toilet paper, and sunflower seeds, maybe sometimes hiking, and a few other things I will think of later.... BUT definitely not farting. We DO not take that seriously.... not at all).

surfnturk
02-23-2012, 14:19
Thank you Sailing_Faith. I don't either (except this post)

surfnturk
02-23-2012, 14:21
By the way, Sid Monies and I live in Suwanee Georgia.

Sailing_Faith
02-23-2012, 14:23
Thank you Sailing_Faith. I don't either (except this post)

You are welcome, but...

... you need to change your location. I have the song stuck in my head now....

You can either just make something up, or you can move. Either way works. If you do not, I will be forced to post a link to 'Hampsterdance.com (http://www.hampsterdance.com/classics/originaldance.htm)' and likewise infect your brain with a song you will not be able to get out. :eek:

Now, back to the very serious discussion at hand (let's get back on topic shall we?)

surfnturk
02-23-2012, 14:31
well, I don't like like here if that counts. From now on I live in Brugge, Belgium.

surfnturk
02-23-2012, 14:34
Tell you what, maybe I jumped the gun with my post so I do apologize if I offended anyone by being offended by this farting thread.

Sailing_Faith
02-23-2012, 14:45
well, I don't like like here if that counts. From now on I live in Brugge, Belgium.

Tell you what, maybe I jumped the gun with my post so I do apologize if I offended anyone by being offended by this farting thread.

Well, considering you went through all the trouble to move and all....

... but for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT click (http://www.hampsterdance.com/classics/originaldance.htm) on the link I posted earlier.

Rasty
02-23-2012, 15:18

I'm offended that you stick to your guns!:)

surfnturk
02-23-2012, 15:40
I've offended myself for apologizing for offending anyone who is offended by the fact that I am offended

Tinker
02-23-2012, 15:40

I, too, apologise for my response to your original post. I jumped the gun myself.

I'm real good about making mountains out of molehills, sometimes. :o

Btw: I was not offended, just trying to figure out where you were coming from and what specifically provoked your first post on this thread. :confused:

Since we're all making nice, here:

:welcome :)

surfnturk
02-23-2012, 16:06
Actually Winker, I've been on a cigar related website for years,even though I only smoke a stogie on rare occasions now, and it seems every other post there (in the non-cigar related forum) about farting, bathroom humor, etc. Interesting enough I love that kind of stuff in movies. My wife just shakes her head and tells me I'm disgusting. God I love that woman. Guess I was just burnt out on it. I forgot I'm new here and should have followed some sort of etiquette for a newbie. That being said, I kind of like a good give and take debate as long as it doesn't get personal. And , I never give up which can be a problem.
Either way, everybody here seems to be pretty nice, so, all is good here.

Sailing_Faith
02-23-2012, 16:11
I am offended by cigars.

Brady
02-23-2012, 16:25
Your turn.
Now you

whats your name

Tinker
02-23-2012, 16:26
Actually Winker, I've been on a cigar related website for years,even though I only smoke a stogie on rare occasions now, and it seems every other post there (in the non-cigar related forum) about farting, bathroom humor, etc. Interesting enough I love that kind of stuff in movies. My wife just shakes her head and tells me I'm disgusting. God I love that woman. Guess I was just burnt out on it. I forgot I'm new here and should have followed some sort of etiquette for a newbie. That being said, I kind of like a good give and take debate as long as it doesn't get personal. And , I never give up which can be a problem.
Either way, everybody here seems to be pretty nice, so, all is good here.
Most of us are usually pretty nice, I like to think that we try, at least, though some seem to try very hard not to show it. Once you get to know us better (and vice-versa) you'll be able to get a handle on who is who.
We're good. :)

surfnturk
02-23-2012, 16:27
Sid Monies, nickname Dusty (from birth).

hikerboy57
02-23-2012, 19:42
if you're close enough to zip up together, you're close enough to smell each others farts.if you're zipped together for warmth you could light a match....

hikerboy57
02-23-2012, 19:43
it may be hard sometimes to differentiate the smell from hiker funk. in fact it may be a pleasant change.

sailsET
02-23-2012, 22:52
I've offended myself for apologizing for offending anyone who is offended by the fact that I am offended

That is SO totally awesome! Your input is greatly appreciated. Anyone who is capable of correctly assembling that sentence has earned my respect.

sailsET
02-23-2012, 22:55
I am offended by cigars.

You sound like a trouble maker, hiker dude.

sailsET
02-23-2012, 22:57
it may be hard sometimes to differentiate the smell from hiker funk. in fact it may be a pleasant change.

Now THAT is a scary amount of hiker funk. You might consider lowering the funk volume a little. Just sayin' that you might not find anyone to zip into a bag with, if a gas bomb is an improvement.

Sierra Echo
02-23-2012, 23:01
Girls don't fart. Its a scientific fact!

Wise Old Owl
02-23-2012, 23:10
Ah... finally, a read hiking thread.
You ment real vs read right?

Ahh..the immortal Dutch Oven: While double bagged, rip a nasty, pull bag over partners head, pull drawcord.
Enjoy coughing/gagging, etc. until they remember they can Hurt you....8)

How long can you hold your breath or your pee?

Now THAT is a scary amount of hiker funk. You might consider lowering the funk volume a little. Just sayin' that you might not find anyone to zip into a bag with, if a gas bomb is an improvement.

Awe & rapture...captured in a bag for eternity.

Juice
02-24-2012, 00:02

No, girls don't fart, they fluff.

But the best is when you're not sure whether to be proud or ashamed!

surfnturk
02-24-2012, 07:39
You sound like a trouble maker, hiker dude.

Interestingly enough, I too am a trouble maker

daddytwosticks
02-24-2012, 08:07
All you guys are fart smellers, I mean smart fellers! :)

4Bears
02-24-2012, 17:14

I know this is untrue. LOL Getting back to the original question; What is someone else doing in MY sleeping bag? If they have borrowed it, hehe, they should know I already have "broken it in",. Just air it out before you return it, clean it if it was a shart. :eek:

Tinker
02-26-2012, 22:25

It's not the breeze blowing your hair (avatar) ;) :D.

Kookork
02-26-2012, 23:19
Just checking. How do you feel, when you are zipped together in your sleeping bag with someone else, and they rip a really nasty fart?

I rip a nastier fart right away. Then we both feel the same.Miserable

Kookork
02-26-2012, 23:53
By the way, Sid Monies and I live in Suwanee Georgia.

First of all Sid Monies aka Dusty aka surfnturk ,Welcome to Whiteblaze. I wish you a great time here.

I am a newbie here also but I took every thing too serious sometimes and answered every comment about my posts or threads but now I am a bit mellower and do not take every post serious.

If you stay around for a while and read some repetitive threads I think you might agree that a thread about farting is a fresh breeze( though a smelly fresh breeze):) .

Just enjoy your time here and remember that you have every right that other members have about expressing your thoughts. Be yourself and we appreciate your presence sooner or later.

RunDMC
02-27-2012, 03:17
Very glad that I am sleeping solo in my bag!