PDA

View Full Version : Question about my NewTrent Mobile Power Pack

Big Dawg
02-23-2012, 07:31
I just got the NewTrent IMP500 charger for an upcoming section hike so I can use my iPhone for music/camera/phone. Thanks to the reviews here, I feel good about having plenty of power while on my hike. After reading the small manual, I have a general question that wasn't really addressed in the manual. I assume once I'm ready to recharge my phone, I hook up the power pack, and hit the "On" button to charge, then hit that button again to turn off. Once I've disconnected and am storing the power pack in my backpack, is there a chance the "on" button can be turned on accidentally, draining the power pack? Any way to keep this from happening?, or does it not turn on while nothing is attached? Thanks for any insight.

Slo-go'en
02-23-2012, 13:04
It's a bit hard to say just looking at the pictures, but I would devise some way to keep the button from being pushed, which is actually pretty easy to have happen inside a pack. One way to do that would be to glue a fat washer around the button to make it recessed better.

That said, having it accidently turn on with nothing connected probably will not drain the battery much at all - at least in the short term. If it has a little light which comes on to tell you it's on, that would be the biggest current draw and will eventually drain the battery, but that could take days.