PDA

View Full Version : Great Trail Journal

SmokeEater
02-23-2012, 14:03
If anyone is looking for a good trail journal check out Lemur.

Gunslinger
02-23-2012, 14:25
If anyone is looking for a good trail journal check out Lemur.

........+1

bassbusterfiss
02-23-2012, 22:33
His journal is one of the best I've read,but I thought I was going to have to kill the kid because it took him a while to finish the last few parts.LOL/JK
He is a very good story teller ,very detailed. MuffinMan's was good as well. I am on Hover's (AKA Lindsey) journal now.

bassbusterfiss
02-23-2012, 22:38
Trail journal.com has a lot of detailed journal to read, awesome site

Firefighter503
02-24-2012, 14:45
I couldn't find Hover's journal. Is it this years or last? Lemur's was great. I'll have to find some of the others I read over the last few years.

SawnieRobertson
02-24-2012, 15:23
I came to WB right now with the thought of posting an alert to Second Stage's current hike, which has her very close to Damascus right now. The writing is good, but her hiking abilities are even better. She plowed through the deep snows of January/February, 2010, before giving in to an injury that would not give way at that time. Before leaving the trail, she was way north of SW Virginia, where I drove a couple of days of support for her. Since I am visiting way out west (New Mexico and Colorado) as she goes through the Marion/Atkins/GROSECLOSE area and farther north, I will have to miss her this time. Too bad for me. But it does not have to be for you if you live in close proximity to the trail north of Damascus. Have fun!--Kinnickinic

bassbusterfiss
02-25-2012, 22:18
I couldn't find Hover's journal. Is it this years or last? Lemur's was great. I'll have to find some of the others I read over the last few years.

Hover's Journal is fivemillionfootprints.blogspot.com She completed in 2011

rocketsocks
02-25-2012, 22:53
Alan(Lemur)did a great job Well done, WELL DONE Hope he will publish it one day.I'd be one of the first to buy it and shout it from the Mt. tops,Well not really the Mt. tops thing. Good job Lemur!;)

slick1
02-28-2012, 06:51
Where can I find Lemur's journal? I stumbled on it, started to read it, then lost it. I have not been able to find it since. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Storm
02-28-2012, 10:07
I also enjoyed reading Lemur's journal. I sure hope this years or next class doesn't try to duplicate a lot of his actions. In my opinion he was very lucky to live thru his hike. Being an ultra marathoner prior to the hike certainly worked in his advantage.

Slick1, here is a link to the journal: http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=338071

moof53
02-28-2012, 11:53
Here is another journal that has real potential. It is written in a manner like "Hover's" 2011 Journal, http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=8075

"Button" hasn't started yet, but so far her writing is informative and introspective.

tophatxj
03-01-2012, 22:08
Yeah, is it common for people to hike with little to no water? Seems kind of stupid to me. Especially when going for record days and stretchin your limits.
Also giving up all your cold weather gear when it is still snowing in some parts.

This guy seemed to take a bunch of unnecessary risks.

rock n roll n hike
03-08-2012, 01:06
I agree great trail journal. Very inspiring!