PDA

View Full Version : Excited to share!

Bear Cables
02-24-2012, 00:02
WoooHooo! So excited that in two weeks I will be sharing my love and knowledge of backpacking with two girlfriends who are new to the backpacking experience! We will be doing a very easy but beautiful trail of hills and flats with some bottom land mixed in. We will be hiking the Wild Azalea Trail in Louisiana, the only trail in the state with actual elevation changes. Can't wait for the trip. My sister-best friend-hiking partner will also be with us.

Joey C
02-24-2012, 03:45
That's awesome!! I hope it's a fun trip for all, and the first of many for you and your friends to get out and enjoy - together.

Mrs Baggins
02-24-2012, 07:23
Always love to see women get out there for the first time! In June I'll be taking several first timers out on the AT for an overnight. It's wonderful to see it all thru the eyes of those seeing and experiencing it all for the first time. :)

Blissful
02-24-2012, 12:02
Have a great trip!!

Firefighter503
02-24-2012, 13:37
Have fun, bringing out first timers are some of my favorite trips. I am sure they will have a blast.

steveinator
02-24-2012, 16:15
Two girlfriends!! Man, I've only got one and she damn near drives me insane.

Rasty
02-24-2012, 16:18
WoooHooo! So excited that in two weeks I will be sharing my love and knowledge of backpacking with two girlfriends who are new to the backpacking experience! We will be doing a very easy but beautiful trail of hills and flats with some bottom land mixed in. We will be hiking the Wild Azalea Trail in Louisiana, the only trail in the state with actual elevation changes. Can't wait for the trip. My sister-best friend-hiking partner will also be with us.

Don't forget to add a 5# rock to their packs. Always fun if you get away with it.

4dogHiker
02-24-2012, 16:38
I'm doing the same thing, well one of the girls is an experienced backpacker, but this will be the first time for an all girls backpacking trip, and my first trip in over 6 years without my husband. We're looking forward to it! Happy trails to all you hiking mommas out there!!!