PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!GA.

bassbusterfiss
02-25-2012, 21:51
My two military brother in-laws and I have a week off and we want to do a section hike from Unicoi Gap southbound to Amicalola Fall. We had planed to leave Saturday March 3rd but one brother cant get leave now until March 5th and the other brother in-law wants to go ahead and hike and have him meet us at Neels Gap and park his car there. Does anyone know if it is OK to park a car there for four or five days? We don't want to come back and find out his car has been towed. Please Help, Anyone with Info.

THANKS

moytoy
02-25-2012, 21:55
You can park at Vogel State Park for $5. I don't think anyone will bother your car there.

Firefighter503
02-25-2012, 21:57
I don't think it will be a problem, as long as you let them know before hand what your plan is. Another option is to have him park the vehicle at Amicalola Falls, and catch a shuttle to Neels Gap.

max patch
02-25-2012, 22:53
You can't park at Neels Gap per se but the Byron Reece parking lot for AT users is only 1/3 mile north of Neels. You can park there for the duration of your hike. I've never had an issue parking there but the local meth heads will do the occasional smash and grab.

BlakeGrice
02-26-2012, 00:02
Like Max Patch said, you can't park at Neel. We left our car @ Byron Reece for 2 days this weekend without problem. Matter of fact, every space in the lot was full.

Toli
02-26-2012, 07:18
Like Max Patch said, you can't park at Neel. We left our car @ Byron Reece for 2 days this weekend without problem. Matter of fact, every space in the lot was full.

It helped Jeremy's SUV was an old, stick Kia that couldn't make it up my driveway :D...

bassbusterfiss
02-26-2012, 13:30
Thanks Bryson Reece parking area it is then.

Dances with Mice
02-26-2012, 13:56
Bryson Reece would be the first choice. Be aware that the number of parking spots there is limited.

So keep this in mind for a Plan B: Drive downhill towards Vogel State Park, pass Vogel and the first driveway on your right will be Goose Creek Cabins. Private property, your vehicle will be safe and secure right outside their lodge. They always tell me there's no charge and I always leave a twenty in their mailbox on my way out.