PDA

View Full Version : New design on REI Kimtah EVENT jacket

springerfever
02-26-2012, 09:08
I was at my local Atlanta REI (Buford) and ran across the new design on on the Kimtah. Pockets are set a little higher so a waistbelt will not interfere with zippers and they have done away with the exterior chest pocket. They have included a small pocket inside the zipper flap that will hold an ipod perfectly or a small wallet. Jacket was very comfortable and sizing seems appropriate for layering underneath. Hood has a very nice design with excellent adjustability. With the REI dividend in sight and there is usually a 10/20% discount with a full-price item, this just might be my dividend purchase !

http://www.rei.com/product/826021/rei-kimtah-rain-jacket-mens

Miner
02-26-2012, 12:18
It looked like a nice jacket until I saw the 15.5oz weight. Well on the bright side, its good to see more Event jackets being offered in the US.

jasonG
02-29-2012, 23:55
not bad, i'd be sold if were under 10oz

springerfever
03-01-2012, 07:32
I don't know of any event fabric jackets w/hood and full zip......lighter than the Westcomb Specter (12 oz) and the Rab Drillium (14oz). The Integral Designs Thru-hiker jacket (no longer available) was about 11 ounces. I went ahead and picked up the REI Kimtah in a large. On my scale it weighs 15.5 oz. REI rep said once the dividend comes out, just call and they would apply the dividend and the discount...REI has THE best customer service around!!