PDA

View Full Version : Thank you SGT Rock

attroll
03-23-2005, 02:27
wbdent I just wanted to take the time to thank SGT Rock for getting the new Articles section going here on WhiteBlaze. I think it is really takeing good shape and I like it. Thanks for all you do Rock. Keep the Articles coming.

peter_pan
03-23-2005, 09:06
Rock,

Second ATTroll's attaboy....First Oak Leaf Cluster added....Great addition.

Pan

tlbj6142
03-23-2005, 09:57
It is truely excellent. It is something this site has needed for years. Once we finish a couple more articles, this will be the single best AT (or any east coast hiking) site online.

Now, if I can just get off my lazy ass and put together a couple of articles (gear basic? canister stove FAQ?), I'd feel better about having suggested the idea in the first place.:D

SGT Rock
03-23-2005, 10:04
Those would be great ideas for articles. Thanks for offering to write them :D

I could write some myself, but I think in the spirit of what we are trying to create, it would be best if normal members did it. First, I have enough work to do. Plus, we want this site to not end up as the admin telling you how to hike like he (they) do.

Jaybird
03-23-2005, 10:15
WOW...major SUCK-UPPAGE going on here!

from one Sarge to another...you deserve another STRIPE for all your work for WB... TANKS!

SGT Rock
03-23-2005, 10:19
Maybe I'll make E9 this year LOL.

The Old Fhart
03-23-2005, 10:40
SGT Rock-"I could write some myself, but I think in the spirit of what we are trying to create, it would be best if normal members did it."Oh, the rest of us think of you as "normal" too, SGT. :D Maybe just extraordinary, in the best meaning of the word. Thank you SGT Rock!

AbeHikes
03-23-2005, 13:22
I'm enjoying this as well.

One Leg
03-23-2005, 15:22
You, uh, rock-!

SGT Rock
03-23-2005, 16:20
Hey, thanks all! Again, just responding to the community's ideas. One of the things I love about this site is you ask the admins to do something, and we (they) tell you why we can't or won't; then in the background we figure out how they (we) can. Of course not everything is possible and there are some things (like journals) that are done on other great sites and we don't want to create any bad feelings or force folks to use one or the other.

AND

It isn't just me. Troll and I worked on it together. I may have done some of the code and had the idea for how it should work, but the rest of the code and some of the "how it will really work" was done by him

Slimer
03-23-2005, 17:46
Good job!!

Crash
03-26-2005, 00:36
I want to than Sgt. Rock 'cause his insight into hammocking made me get a Hennessey Hammock. His backpacking style of using simple items and not the expensive crap we see in that nameless magazine has made the difference between a bad trip and a great camping trip. Thanx.