PDA

View Full Version : Fort Bastian VA

Trubrit
02-28-2012, 22:28
Hi to all .
I have been very lax in keeping everyone informed on the development of the new Outdoor Education and Wilderness School being created in Bastian VA.
well we are progressing slowly due to a very bad let down by a Bank ! Oh well. Anyway, all through hikers this season can be assured of services when they get to the rte 615 AT crossing at Laurel Creek Bastian.
all through Hikers, in fact all hikers crossing here can contact Fort Bastian and be assured of free shuttle service either the 5 miles into Bland to the Dollar Store for resupply or into Bastian for free Pizza. We are also happy to be a resupply location for any stores you may wish to have deposited with us.
Just let us know what services you need and we will do our best to assist.
You can camp at the property though there are no buildings constructed yet, and we will shuttle you to and from the trail heads. Rte 615 or Rte 52 are both just a short drive away from us.
Fort Bastian is involved with the planning for this years Trail Days at Damascus and we will have a Hospitality tent there up near the car park between the baseball fields. There will be free breakfasts, then Hot dogs and burgers all day , entertainment with a blue grass band and karaoke, also open mic for you trail warblers !!! LOL.
Drop by and visit with us and get info on all our services, or you can phone me personally on 708 207 6725 (mobile) to arrange any assist you might want in the Bland area.
Bastian is no longer a ghost town for hikers, we will make sure your hike through the area is an experience in hospitality and service.
Here is a link to a short presentation of some of the aspects of the new facility currently under development.
http://www.slideboom.com/presentatio...STIAN%E2%80%99 (http://www.slideboom.com/presentations/333160/%E2%80%98FORT-BASTIAN%E2%80%99)
we look forward to all the new friends we would like to make this year.
Sincerely,
Nigel Collins. 'Trubrit'

swjohnsey
03-01-2012, 09:20
Are you going to put up any information at the Mt Rogers NRA Hq or Partnership Shelter? I jotted down your phone number in my trail guide in the hopes of taking advantage of your hospitality on my way through in April.

Trubrit
03-01-2012, 13:55
I have not done that yet but I will