PDA

View Full Version : Shuttler in Butte?

NotYet
02-29-2012, 10:35
Does anyone know of a shuttler in the Butte area? My husband and I had to get off the trail in Anaconda in 2010 due to his broken foot, and we are planning to head back out this year to finish our southbound hike. In early July we're taking the bus to Butte, and we would like to start hiking at Four Corners so we can do the Butte Route.

Anyone have any suggestions on how we can get to Four Corners from Butte? Do any of the motels there offer any kind of shuttle service?

BrianLe
02-29-2012, 11:08
Adding to what I sent on cdt-l, I think the taxi drivers name was 'Dawn', in case that helps. I don't think there was any sort of shuttle service via motels, it's not a typical need for anyone (and there are so few cdt hikers, it's not like other trails that way).

Mags
02-29-2012, 14:53
Have tried calling the Chamber of Commerce? They may be able to give some names of people who may help. Thought not a huge outdoors mecca, sure there are enough hunter/fisherman around that a local outfitter or guide service might be willing to provide this shuttle service for a fee.

Calling the CoC was how it was done "back in the day" before all the guidebooks and online resources became avail. :)