PDA

View Full Version : Leap Day sale at Neptune Mountaineering

Loneoak
02-29-2012, 12:36
I saw this on BPL and thought I would share it here also. Most everything they have (big selection) is on sale, today only, at 29% off. I don't know them, nor have I ever purchased from them, but looks like a great site.

Enjoy the savings

Mags
02-29-2012, 14:47
I saw this on BPL and thought I would share it here also. Most everything they have (big selection) is on sale, today only, at 29% off. I don't know them, nor have I ever purchased from them, but looks like a great site.

Enjoy the savings

Excellent place..but more for climbing and backcountry skiing oriented activities (Which reminds me, I need to pick up some blue kick wax!). They have some backpacking gear, but that is not their main focus. Having said that, Neptune's does have some gear and clothing that many backpackers could use. Alas, the 29% off does not apply to the Western Mountaineering sleeping bags!

http://www.neptunemountaineering.com/neptune/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=5

RWheeler
02-29-2012, 14:56
Alas, the 29% off does not apply to the Western Mountaineering sleeping bags!

I was lucky enough to get a student discount on my SummerLite from EMS when I bought it. Not sure if the rep was supposed to do that for me or not, but I was most grateful. Had they had an UltraLite in stock, I would have gotten that factoring in the discount. Couldn't resist at $240.

Blissful
02-29-2012, 15:27
I just got my WM megalite at Neptune for $276. The cart reflects the price savings. I also got a headlamp and a ul stuff sack for a food bag. Great deals!

Blissful
02-29-2012, 15:29
Alas, the 29% off does not apply to the Western Mountaineering sleeping bags!

http://www.neptunemountaineering.com/neptune/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=5

Yes it does, the price was reflected in the cart.

RWheeler
02-29-2012, 15:44
The sale price specifically excludes WM from the sale, so it'll be interesting to see if they honor it or cancel the order.

Mags
02-29-2012, 15:48
The sale price specifically excludes WM from the sale, so it'll be interesting to see if they honor it or cancel the order.

Exactly.

I'm happy Blissful rec'd a steep discount, but the webpage says otherwise. :O Could be a mistake in their shopping cart system.... As RWheeler said, please let us know. :)

29% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE ONLINE AND IN-STORE FOR 29 HOURS! No coupon code necessary. Discount applied during checkout.
*Valid on in-stock items only, in-store and online, Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 12:01 a.m. - Thursday, March 1, 2012, 5 a.m. MST. No coupon code necessary. Excludes Western Mountaineering, Hilleberg, Dynafit bindings, consignments, shop work, special orders, rentals, and gift certificates. Not valid on previous purchases or to be combined with other store discounts or coupons. If you prefer to pick up your order rather than having it shipped, put “PICK UP” in comment box during checkout. Orders placed by 3 p.m. available for pick up after 5 p.m. (after 3 p.m., pickup March 1).

RWheeler
02-29-2012, 15:52
I'd go grab an UltraLite for a bit under $300, but I'd feel too dishonest since they didn't intend for it to be included in the sale. That's my feeling towards it, anyway.

Mags
02-29-2012, 15:54
Call and ask. You can order over the phone, too. I find the Neptune staff to be very helpful and friendly. Gary Neptune is a really cool guy. Think if you explained just what you said to us, you might be surprised. :)

Blissful
02-29-2012, 22:00
They were hardly cool there, whoever the manager was. The order went through for me early this AM with an e-mail confirmation at a sale price. I never saw or read fine print about the WM bag not being on the sale when I went there this AM (I had placed the order before I saw this posting about it Btw, so I was not trying to cheat nor do I ever cheat - a bag is not worth it to me), and since it was on sale and rang up as such, I purchased it. They called to say they were cancelling my order. When I challenged it, the manager became very rude and nasty, told me how someone like me can like disobeying a law by not reading fine print b/c WM does not allow anyone to put their bags on sale (in other words, calling me a cheater and disobeying the law even though I never saw fine print or new of WM elitist policy), called me a terrible customer for debating a legitimate order that went through with a confirmation and then hung up on me as I was speaking.

Very poor business ethics and phone ethics with a customer.

RWheeler
03-01-2012, 10:56
While I disagree with how they handled the conversation with you, they ultimately do have the right to cancel orders whenever they see fit. Here (http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/427089_374647999221498_187065501313083_1430533_143 0332332_n.jpg) is a link to the ad they had up on the page, which also included text and a link stating to "read terms and conditions before purchase" above it. The link directed you to a page which repeated what was on the image in plain text.

It's still always a bummer to hear when someone has a negative experience with any company, though :(

And I never got the impression that you were a cheater or otherwise had any sort of illicit personality. I really hope that none of my comments made it seem that that was the case.

Mags
03-01-2012, 12:44
Sorry to hear that Blissful. Having worked in customer service in the past, I know some employees are better than others. The employees (or manager) may have had a 'bad hair day'. No excusing the way you were treated, but sometimes it is a bad luck of the draw.

Try writing to this e-mail [email protected]

Explain what you just wrote above. Could not hurt to add how many people are (possibly) reading this thread. I have no affiliation with Neptune, just have had good luck in the past.

Venting on a forum may help you feel better, but it does not help you or the retailer unfortunately.
Hope it works out for you.

ps. as for the WM 'elitism', I suspect that the bags are sold on a slim margin that a 30% discount would destroy. (Likewise for the other items listed where the disount does not apply. Just a guess, though)

Chubbs4U
03-01-2012, 13:43
A couple things if I may. When I first heard of their sale I went to their site. At that point, no where did it say anything was excluded. I had posted it around so people could take advantage of the deal. The next day I saw that they put exclusions on it and figured they just didnt do it when the sale started. Now about the store and their policy.

I looked online and they have horrible customer reviews. It seems like if you dont get the owner to help you then its a free for all. I remember a little while back someone got a great deal on a moosejaw purchase, error on the price, but moosejaw stuck behind what their site said and passed the "saving error" onto the purchaser. So you either stand behind your "store" or you dont, lesson learned. I have seen WM bags go on sale, so its not "illegal" for them to be put on sale.

Not sure if