PDA

View Full Version : Trail Magic in VA

GhostHand
03-23-2005, 18:29
I'm looking to work some trail magic in VA this spring. I'm planning on bringing tons of food, drinks, useful supplies and the like to the trail between the Priest and the 3 ridges. That location might change by a few miles if I decide that my car can make it up a certain mountain road. (Nelson County, VA just south of Shenendoah) I was writing to see if anyone had a good idea when the most "traffic" would be coming through that section this spring. I have done large sections of the AT, and am planning a sobo hike for june, but i'm just not sure when I could help the most people out in this section. I'd like to do this at least for two weekends if possible, just trying to help out like many have helped me in the past. Thanks for any suggestions. Peace

The Old Fhart
03-23-2005, 18:43
There is a parking lot right on RT-56 where the trail crosses the Tye river on the suspension bridge just before the climb up Three Ridges. on the north side of the bridge there is a campsite area with plenty of room to set up. In 1998 when I went thru, there was an outfitter set up there for National Trails (in June) feeding hikers in the parking lot and passing out goodies like SmartWool socks and replacing Pur filters on the other side of the bridge, about 200 feet from the parking lot.

Convient for hikers, easy access for you.