PDA

View Full Version : Asics 2160's vs Kayano 16's

rocketsocks
03-03-2012, 17:04
When on the trail I am either wearing my merrell moab or Merrell all leather gtx mid boot,But when off the trail for training and just plain road walking....it's sneaks.I had bought a couple pair of Asics kayano 16's and put approx.700-800 miles on each pair,there are very light which is why I bought them,and very comfortable,but the price was high,not on sale $129 w/a referral from my podiatrist,though that was two years ago now.This time around I decided to buy a different pair,which is very unusual,because when I find something I like,I try to stick with it.Purchasing the Asics 2160 has saved my wallet about $60 dollars at $59 bucks on sale these have been great to me.They have about 300 miles on them so far and are holding up well.They are not as comfortable as the kayano 16's but it is negligible and for a $60 savings I can deal.The Asics 2160 have good torsional stability(to resist twisting)and still provide the "Gel"system inside as the higher priced line has.It also has the doumax rubber sole(which is three different densities that make up the sole to provide max comfort)And I like em.This is not a paid advertisement,and I get nothing for reporting.:)Happy training and or walking.

rocketsocks
03-03-2012, 17:09
When on the trail I am either wearing my merrell moab or Merrell all leather gtx mid boot,But when off the trail for training and just plain road walking....it's sneaks.I had bought a couple pair of Asics kayano 16's and put approx.700-800 miles on each pair,there are very light which is why I bought them,and very comfortable,but the price was high,not on sale $129 w/a referral from my podiatrist,though that was two years ago now.This time around I decided to buy a different pair,which is very unusual,because when I find something I like,I try to stick with it.Purchasing the Asics 2160 has saved my wallet about $60 dollars at $59 bucks on sale these have been great to me.They have about 300 miles on them so far and are holding up well.They are not as comfortable as the kayano 16's but it is negligible and for a $60 savings I can deal.The Asics 2160 have good torsional stability(to resist twisting)and still provide the "Gel"system inside as the higher priced line has.It also has the doumax rubber sole(which is three different densities that make up the sole to provide max comfort)And I like em.This is not a paid advertisement,and I get nothing for reporting.:)Happy training and or walking.Sorry that should have read Asics (GT)-2160

rocketsocks
07-19-2012, 22:52
Well, It's been about 4 1/2 months and the GT-2160's are starting to show signs of some serious deformation,and delamination. I have about 225 miles on these as compared to 800 on the Kyano 16's, clearly the Kyanos were a better made shoe, that's to bad because the GT-2160's were about a third of the price, which is most of the problem in the first place. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, Happy in-training :)

jburgasser
07-20-2012, 07:38
Hey there Rocketsocks! I have a pair of 2170's which I believe is the current version of the 2160's. Asics ups the number each year, which is why for 2012 they have the 2170 and for 2011 it was the 2160. I really like the shoe for running. In fact I always have a pair for running. I usually wear a pair for 500 miles before replacing them. Years ago when I used to run a lot more I had the Kayano for my long run shoe. It was an awesome shoe that basically is a supped up version of the 2100 series. I like both of them because they are lightweight and offer support for pronators, which I am. Those Kayano's are expensive but they are worth it!

Happy Trails and thanks for the book!!

Ickybod

rocketsocks
07-20-2012, 14:19
Hey there Rocketsocks! I have a pair of 2170's which I believe is the current version of the 2160's. Asics ups the number each year, which is why for 2012 they have the 2170 and for 2011 it was the 2160. I really like the shoe for running. In fact I always have a pair for running. I usually wear a pair for 500 miles before replacing them. Years ago when I used to run a lot more I had the Kayano for my long run shoe. It was an awesome shoe that basically is a supped up version of the 2100 series. I like both of them because they are lightweight and offer support for pronators, which I am. Those Kayano's are expensive but they are worth it!

Happy Trails and thanks for the book!!

IckybodThe book? what book...you earned it, and your welcome, anytime.
Yep, I may just have to bite the bullet and buy another pair of the Kyanos. I'm not a runner, just a long walker (at least I was last year, this year has been a little rough/slow going) I was given a recommendation for the Kyanos 17 last year, and was told if I liked the 16's, I love the 17's, but in my infinite wisdom decided to get slick, and skimp...mis take. So yes in the market once again....It's new sneaker time, I love new sneaks man, that and new socks too, hehehe. Cheers Ikybod happy trails to you and yours!