PDA

View Full Version : Another ebay item

hikerjohnd
03-24-2005, 21:35
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5568445326&rd=1

What you ya'll think? It's a bit pricy if you ask me...

Sly
03-24-2005, 22:07
You never know, there's a sucker born every minute. It wouldn't bother me at all if that hiker broke his leg before Gooch Gap.

SGT Rock
03-24-2005, 22:52
Very overpriced.

petmac
03-24-2005, 23:21
that is hilarious

TJ aka Teej
03-24-2005, 23:46
Planning to start a southbound hike in early May?
Must be advertizing snowshoes and crampons.

Jack Tarlin
03-25-2005, 10:00
Three predictions:

*Some idiot will bid on this.

*And they'll waste their money.

*This guy won't make it.

Brock
03-25-2005, 12:48
You guys may make fun of this guy, but I give him a hand for trying.

It may be a bit pricy, but it only cost him $2 to post in hopes of having an excellent salary for 6 months of work. Maybe if he brought the price down, someone like Henry Shire may give him a free tent if he promises to preach the advantages of Tarptent.

I especially like this quote "what I will do is be fully outfitted in appearl from the winning bidder" and hope that some cotton company like Hanes bids on him. :)

Just Jeff
03-25-2005, 14:32
I especially like this quote "what I will do is be fully outfitted in appearl from the winning bidder" and hope that some cotton company like Hanes bids on him. :)
Or some company that makes bombproof mountaineering gear so he has to carry an 8 lbs pack, a 5 lbs bag and a 10 lbs tent (just because it's their new model).

The Cheat
03-25-2005, 14:48
Hey, give me 50 grand and I'll use a 10 pound tent, wear cotton, AND carry a sword. :D

SkipMeister
03-25-2005, 19:33
Speaking of Suckers -SAVE TOBY (http://www.savetoby.com/) ! :jump

People are just amazing.

neo
03-26-2005, 12:06
Speaking of Suckers -SAVE TOBY (http://www.savetoby.com/) ! :jump

People are just amazing.
i viewed save toby the other day,its good for a laugh:cool: neo

owl
03-28-2005, 01:35
First of all it would be illegal to preform a paid service on USFS or National Park property with out a special use permit, in doing so he could be fined up to 50,000 and spend time in jail, what the ebayer is suggesting is not sponsership but a paid service that would not be in the spirit of the A.T.
secondly he would be most annoying
Thirdly i can't imagine anyone stupid enough to pay the guy that much money for such a small demogrphic its not like he will reach 200,000 people in his hike.
lets be real how many folks start the hike every year ?
and if he keeps a normal pace he will keep on running into the same crowd.
the whole idea is obscene and moronic.

newhampshire camper
05-13-2005, 22:26
I think that this was mentioned already, but it's worth reiterating....A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE!!!

The Hog
05-14-2005, 05:55
Unfortunately,this guy has made some assumptions, one of which is false:

"I will not do ANYTHING to destroy the hiking experience of others."

Some of us hike to get away from commercials, billboards, and the daily bombardment of advertising. To see ads on the Trail would be annoying. I'm not a lawyer, but this would appear to nullify the contract with a potential buyer.

But not to worry. This guy appears to have set the opening bid price so high that there's little chance of finding a sucker.

HikeLite
05-14-2005, 07:29
"PETA cannot endorse giving money to SaveToby.com, since doing so will
only encourage other cruel individuals to threaten animals in order to
extort money from compassionate people."

bigcat2
05-14-2005, 09:43
I absolutely love the savetoby.com site. It's too funny! I think what makes it funny is the product page with the different slogans and icons. I just just see a mini cult classic coming out of this w/ ppl wearing their "Save Toby" shirts. Oh well to each his own I suppose. If the guy can get his money, more power to him for making 50K off a bunny, that's not even Bugs. :p

lobster
05-14-2005, 12:58
Why is everybody getting so worked up about the walking endorsement. I might try it for a few thousand since I don't see a company forking out $50,000. Just enough to pay for the trip. I just can't see how someone with clothes and insignia from some company will affect anybody's hike.

By the way, did you see that $10,000 was nonrefundable? I can see a quick bail at Neels Gap!

TOW
05-14-2005, 14:42
what a joke....