PDA

View Full Version : Rusty's Hard Time Hollow Info

Tony Lagana
03-06-2012, 11:45
Does anyone have any more info as to what Rusty plans to do this year with opening the hostel for service in 2012 ?????

Razor
03-06-2012, 12:22
No matter what someone says today ,it will be different tomorrow---It is an ever changing story over any years . If you are the type person that wants a dependable situation do not put the Hollow in your plans

Lone Wolf
03-06-2012, 12:32
don't even bother going there. rusty is so wishy-washy. a much better time can be had in waynesboro

Emily Harper
03-06-2012, 13:39
I was there last year. He will be glad to have you if you walk there. Great guy.

Tony Lagana
03-06-2012, 23:21
Actually I am thinking about buying and opening a hostel an organic farm . I have been an organic farmer for 15 years and I have been a long distance hiker for a long time also , I have been thinking about buying it up . I have heard many wish washy stories but I have know of Rusty for 20+ years and think is heart is generally in the right place . the only question is if I can figure out a way to purchase it !!!!

Lone Wolf
03-06-2012, 23:23
purchase it thru the realtor. rusty does not own the property

Tony Lagana
03-06-2012, 23:36
Who is the realtor ? I was always under the idea that it was family land that he was the steward of . Has something changed or did I not have my information correct

Slo-go'en
03-07-2012, 13:11
Who is the realtor ? I was always under the idea that it was family land that he was the steward of . Has something changed or did I not have my information correct

Isn't it one of those deals where the land goes to park once he passes on or moves out?

MedicineWoman2012
03-07-2012, 13:32
ROFL... I find great humor in a man that stands his ground and refuses to leave his humble home. I think I will stop in to say hello while passing thru or atleast make a "wellness visit" as I am a medic and spent a few yrs caring for a very stubborn guy that sounds just like Rusty. It may or may not be well received. We will see when I get to that section nearby Waynesboro. Ya say we cant miss it with all the lil aluminum signs pointing to his place? I have heard some magnificent stories about him and I cant help think he has a brother on HATTERAS ISLAND named DAVID ROSS BURRUS. Ha ha! Mr Burrus owns a large part of the fishing village that I lived in for 6 yrs but I cared for him and his health although he didnt care for anyone including people that we accepting money hand over fistt with the business. I hope and pray Mr Burrus manages this summer with out my help as I am going to be doing my first thru and first time leaving him alone with customers for 5 yrs. I expect there will be alot of folks arriving without getting a room or anyone to answer the door as he also doesnt believe in modern technology and believes his nap and dinner time is far more important than anyones traveling agenda...ha ha.

Lonewolf.. is he in pretty bad health or just completely unwelcoming of others depending on which way the wind blows? I cant help but inquire ... after hearing first hand stories of his humbleness.