PDA

View Full Version : What trailhead is this?

mikeal
03-06-2012, 17:43
I forgot where I ended my section hike a few years ago. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but sometimes my memory isn't the best...:confused:

Anyway, it was in South Carolina south of US 19. It crossed a major road and there was parking but no facilities. The north and south sides were offset from each other by 100 - 200 yards or so. The south side had a pretty substantial spring coming out of a pipe about 6' off the ground. If you were facing the south trailhead, the pipe was on your left. I didn't make it to the north trailhead, but I remember that it was a pretty substantial climb from there.

Thanks

ChinMusic
03-06-2012, 18:15
I forgot where I ended my section hike a few years ago. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but sometimes my memory isn't the best...:confused:

Anyway, it was in South Carolina south of US 19. It crossed a major road and there was parking but no facilities. The north and south sides were offset from each other by 100 - 200 yards or so. The south side had a pretty substantial spring coming out of a pipe about 6' off the ground. If you were facing the south trailhead, the pipe was on your left. I didn't make it to the north trailhead, but I remember that it was a pretty substantial climb from there.

Thanks

Wasn't the AT

ChinMusic
03-06-2012, 18:17
If you meant North Carolina it kinda sounds like Winding Stair

Ender
03-06-2012, 22:33
If it's US 19, it would have to be North Carolina... US 19 doesn't go through South Carolina. So You may be right about Winding Stair.

mikeal
03-06-2012, 22:41
If you meant North Carolina it kinda sounds like Winding Stair

That's it! Thanks!

Tenderheart
03-07-2012, 14:29
Yep, it is Winding Stair Gap on US 64 out of Franklin, NC.