PDA

View Full Version : Kinda pleased with a coupla places in Erwin

ImkerVS
03-07-2012, 20:01
I'm from Unicoi County, but had never eaten at El Corita Mexican Store (1109 North Main). Friend and twice thru hiker Tom B. told me about it and met my wife and I at this gem last night for dinner. A few tables in a combination shop/market which sells spices, canned goods, even fresh Mexican pastry, Not fancy. Small place. Authentic. Ah man, that is a Burrito to take on a section hike. One before you go and one to eat when you get where you're going. I had the chorizo Mexican sausage one. Easy on the wallet, too. A lot of food. New owner, my wife tells me. She says it's a whole different place than before. Highly recommended for hikers. Doesn't take a debit or credit card, only cash.

Hawg 'N Dawg, I loved their hot dogs. They took over the place from a hiker's favorite from before, downtown location.

And if you're meeting a significant other in Erwin and want some quaint atmosphere while you have a sit-down, try the Choo Choo Cafe, also downtown. A little cafe in the middle of a cool antique shop, with boat models, a model of the town square from the 1920s, nice lady. Don't miss out on the desserts. Also easy on the wallet, also no plastic, only cash.c