PDA

View Full Version : Drop Box Bland County area.

Trubrit
03-09-2012, 01:08
Fort Bastian Recreation ,Inc. will be happy to accept any drop boxes this season. We will pick you up from either the Rte 615 AT TH or the rte 52/I77 TH and unite you with your box. Free Pizza at Bastian Pizza Plus is on us to ALL Through hikers.
Contact Nigel Collins (Trubrit) 708 207 6725

Red Hat
03-09-2012, 09:21
Nigel, that is a great deal! I've been through that section a number of times, and I'm not familiar with Ft. Bastian Recreation, Inc. Please tell us what you do. (outfitter? camping?)Thanks!

Okay, by clicking on your link, I see that you have plans for a great campground with lots of amenities. Sounds good, but is it AT hiker affordable? How much for a tent site? Cabin?

Trubrit
03-09-2012, 19:02
When developed, There is NO CHARGE for AT through Hikers in a camping capacity for a pitch area or use of Adirondack type shelters nor is there a charge to be shuttled from the Trail Heads and back for town resupplies. the hunter cabins would I think be more for a few zero days and that would be around $10 per night. Day hiker services shuttles etc will have a nominal fee, Currently Fort Bastian Recreation has created the new Martial Arts Studio in Bastian and will open next week a new Victorian emporium (Craft Mall, Hair salon and Olde English Tea Shoppe,
any Drop boxes would be recieved and stored at the store in Bastian.