PDA

View Full Version : Got to meet Jennifer Pharr

Loneoak
03-09-2012, 23:24
Rock Creek here in Chattanooga, hosted a Seminar with Jennifer Pharr tonite. Got to meet her. She is very laid back and you would think you have known her for years. Had a great time.

Stir Fry
03-09-2012, 23:32
I got to meet her when she was at REI in Charlotte. Got a signed copy of her book and a photo.

Rain Man
03-09-2012, 23:54
Rock Creek here in Chattanooga, hosted a Seminar with Jennifer Pharr tonite. Got to meet her. She is very laid back and you would think you have known her for years. Had a great time.

Right you are. Same when she was here in Nashville at the REI. As nice as can be.

P.S. I'm not really that tall. She stooped a bit for the photo! ;)

Rain:sunMan

Loneoak
03-10-2012, 00:02
Rain Man, she is for sure a tall gal. At least 5'9", maybe even 5'10" No wonder she can walk so fast, she is all legs...... LOL

atmilkman
03-10-2012, 00:08
I got her first official autograph after breaking the record up on Springer and it's on my backpack. Like everyone says super super gal. Very humble, very religious, very gracious, very thankful. You can just go on and on. It made my day.15473

Loneoak
03-10-2012, 00:48
Awsome, you know she was happy to be sitting down a minute :)

atmilkman
03-10-2012, 01:14
Awsome, you know she was happy to be sitting down a minute :)

Check these pics out Loneoak. Pretty much sums up what you're saying.15474

JAK
03-10-2012, 07:09
They say slightly underheight men and slightly overheight women make the best runners. I suppose it amounts to about the same thing. Of course it takes a lot more than god given talent to do what she has done. She is an inspiration for sure. My daughter is shaping up to be about 5' 0" when fully grown, but I still think she would make a great ultra-distance runner if she puts her heart into it, because like me she ain't no sprinter. lol. She is into sprint kayaking now also, which is a bit of a stretch but a better fit than rowing, and in the long run I'm hoping it will open up a future of adventure paddling and such. I get her to meet gals like Jennifer Phar every chance I get.

JAK
03-10-2012, 07:14
Check these pics out Loneoak. Pretty much sums up what you're saying.1547415475Beautiful pictures.
Got me all teared up.
God's grace doesn't come much grittier.

Red Hat
03-10-2012, 08:50
We were both hiking in 2005 and stayed in the same bunkhouse at NOC. She got up about 4:30 am and started out hiking. I thought she was crazy...lol. That was before she was famous, of course. Love her to pieces...

MedicineWoman2012
03-10-2012, 09:16
We met her in Charlotte. I was truly inspired by her book and got an autograph. I very humble individual and completely commited to her husband after all he was ground control thru out the entire event. She was giving him credit thru out the first interview. It really brings tears to my eyes when I see someone 6ft tall trying to stay nourished on 45 mile days. I am 5ft and she actuall kneeled down at eye level to talk with me...teeehee! I told her about my crazy hours ...getting up at 430a to leave camp to see the animals and sunrise then arriving at camp early enough to watch the sunset. She really made my weekend special! I wish I could see her AT Thru hike orientation in Greensboro next weekend but I will be beginning my journey north. Thanks to Jen ... I now believe women are truly capable of withstanding more pain than men. JOKE

MedicineWoman2012
03-10-2012, 09:18
We met her in Charlotte. I was truly inspired by her book and got an autograph. She is a very humble individual and completely commited to her husband after all he was ground control thru out the entire event. She was giving him credit thru out the first interview. It really brings tears to my eyes when I see someone 6ft tall trying to stay nourished on 45 mile days. I am 5ft and she actuall kneeled down at eye level to talk with me...teeehee! I told her about my crazy hours ...getting up at 430a to leave camp to see the animals and sunrise then arriving at camp early enough to watch the sunset. She really made my weekend special! I wish I could see her AT Thru hike orientation in Greensboro next weekend but I will be beginning my journey north. Thanks to Jen ... I now believe women are truly capable of withstanding more pain than men. JOKE[/QUOTE]

Montana AT05
03-10-2012, 14:13
A month or so ago someone posted a link to her talk at a college group--it was a good talk and her character came through. She seems like a great person.

Loneoak
03-10-2012, 16:46
A month or so ago someone posted a link to her talk at a college group--it was a good talk and her character came through. She seems like a great person.
I saw that link and watched the video......it was great.

Kerosene
03-10-2012, 20:50
Hopefully she'll get out to Minneapolis someday so I can introduce her to my daughter, who loved her book as I knew she would.

Red Hat
03-11-2012, 07:37
Kerosene, couldn't help but notice that you joined Whiteblaze on 9/3/02, the very first day! Awesome!

Lone Wolf
03-11-2012, 08:16
i met tiger woods

4shot
03-11-2012, 08:29
i met tiger woods

that's odd...I always assumed you were male.:)

Kerosene
03-11-2012, 10:32
Kerosene, couldn't help but notice that you joined Whiteblaze on 9/3/02, the very first day! Awesome!Yep, I was one of the early subscribers to the predecessor of WhiteBlaze. When SGT. Rock and ATtroll created WhiteBlaze I quickly signed on, helped out a bit with new registrant introductions and support, and learned all I could to help with my annual section hikes.

Sinner
03-11-2012, 11:17
I was @ the charlotte REI also recently meeting jennifer, didn't know I paid money to hear stir fry talk as much as she did.

fredmugs
03-12-2012, 11:24
I met her on the trail during her 4th day in Maine. I'm 6' 3" and she's a good 6 foot tall.

Ron Haven
03-12-2012, 19:31
She will be speaking in Franklin at the hiker festival Mar 30,31

grateful 2
03-12-2012, 20:28
I met Lone Wolf!!
i met tiger woods