PDA

View Full Version : Headed to REI

OBXWaMi
03-10-2012, 13:06
A 3 hour car ride (two so far) and brunch at Cracker Barrel. Should be there about 1:00. High hopes for a sleeping bag and maybe a backpack.

OBXWaMi
03-10-2012, 13:07
Oh, Cary store.

rhjanes
03-10-2012, 13:46
You a "member"? How about the REI credit card? Good ways to get gear back.
I'm waiting for my dividend to use the $100 Christmas gift card. I figure the $220 backpack will cost me around $80 by using the divident and gift card!

OBXWaMi
03-10-2012, 15:58
Just left Cary store heading to the one at North Hills. Yes, bought membership. Also a new sleeping bag! More details later. Ps...survived Barbie shopping at Toys RUs too.

Rusty Nail
03-10-2012, 20:16
I too had to go to REI today. I was surrounded by people who's longest exposure to the elements might have been hailing a cab in the drizzle. ( yes I know that some people who live in the city like to hike, but just observing the crowd full of "Wall Street" execs trying on nano puffs without letting their blazers get wrinkled. not kidding)

HiKen2011
03-10-2012, 20:24
I too had to go to REI today. I was surrounded by people who's longest exposure to the elements might have been hailing a cab in the drizzle. ( yes I know that some people who live in the city like to hike, but just observing the crowd full of "Wall Street" execs trying on nano puffs without letting their blazers get wrinkled. not kidding)Nothing worse than a wrinkled blazer, especially on Saturday!!;)

un panda
03-12-2012, 10:22
I ref soccer for a buddy who runs the YMCA that's in between 2 rei's in atlanta. It's in a pretty well to do part of town...every sat i feel like i've just talked into a moving TNF catalog. It's sad that outdoor gear has become just another way to "keep up with the Jones"...
ps. gotta love going to rei and seeing the person pushing around 2 shopping carts of stuff b/c they've been invited on a campint trip....

RedBeerd
03-12-2012, 11:16
The best thing about REI is the clearance racks. Once the rich folk realize their expensive shirts and pants arent fashionable anymore I snag them for half the price and use them for their intended purpose :D

Tennessee Viking
03-12-2012, 13:45
Oh, Cary store.
I think the Cary store is still the Crossroads shopping area next to Best Buy. I saw that they were remodeling an old Borders store to become the new Cary REI on the Buck Jones side of the Highway.