PDA

View Full Version : Section Hike Mid July 2012

NLaeger
03-11-2012, 21:51
I am looking for some info on what sections are good to hike mid to late July? a friend and I were possibly going to start the AT at Springer at that time, but talking to some folks from the area I am a little concerned that the humidity will be an issue, we are both from Idaho, so heat isn't a problem, but humidity may be. Any other ideas as to sections that might be tolerable? looking at doing 2-3 weeks...We are kind of limited to the southern sections as my friend has a conference in Nashville that she has to be at when we end our hike. Any information would be great!!!

Sunny Daze
03-13-2012, 18:19
I am also thinking of doing a section about 2 months in mid July starting at Springer. I have done a section in Smokies in mid July before and it was very hot while hiking but great at pm and night. I was wondering how many other folks are on the trail there in GA in mid july. Don't want a crowd but would like to see others sometimes. So hope you do start at Springer.

NLaeger
03-14-2012, 11:50
Well Sunny Daze it looks like due to timing and location that we will be starting at Springer even if it is super hot! so there is a good chance that we just might see you :)