PDA

View Full Version : Bearbell Chicken

Whack-a-mole
03-13-2012, 10:36
I was just wondering if anybody else was keeping up with the Bearbell Chicken?

Lone Wolf
03-13-2012, 12:06
what is it?

rocketsocks
03-13-2012, 15:44
Is Bearbell Chicken hiking with Flat Stanley this year?

Whack-a-mole
03-14-2012, 00:35
The Bearbell Chicken (or BBC for short), is a rubber chicken with a red bearbell around it's neck. It's getting carried from Springer to Katahden to raise awareness of the Wounded Warrior Project. This is a group which helps support our vets coming back from the war with injuries. Many times the VA has trouble with all the financial difficulties these guys and girls face. The BBC started the trail the middle of Feb. I was a little behind it, and hoped to catch it but the boys carrying it were a little younger and faster. Swagman was one of the guys who helped get it going. The BBC even has it's own facebook page. You can track it's progress as it goes up the trail. In the recent pictures, the young man in the tan shirt is Tetris. I stayed with him and Squatch at Gooch Mtn, Lance Creek, and Low Mtn. This is just a comical little thing, but it serves a big purpose for some young men and women who need our help.

Feral Bill
03-14-2012, 01:27
The Bearbell Chicken (or BBC for short), is a rubber chicken with a red bearbell around it's neck. It's getting carried from Springer to Katahden to raise awareness of the Wounded Warrior Project. This is a group which helps support our vets coming back from the war with injuries. Many times the VA has trouble with all the financial difficulties these guys and girls face. The BBC started the trail the middle of Feb. I was a little behind it, and hoped to catch it but the boys carrying it were a little younger and faster. Swagman was one of the guys who helped get it going. The BBC even has it's own facebook page. You can track it's progress as it goes up the trail. In the recent pictures, the young man in the tan shirt is Tetris. I stayed with him and Squatch at Gooch Mtn, Lance Creek, and Low Mtn. This is just a comical little thing, but it serves a big purpose for some young men and women who need our help.

Sounds great!