PDA

View Full Version : clark jungle hammock

neo
03-27-2005, 15:34
i have 4 hennesey hammocks,they are great,i would like to hear from people that have used the clark jungle hammock,and people that have use both the
hennessey and clark hammocks.:cool: neo

briarpatch
03-27-2005, 18:02
I have both a Clark and a Hennessy, having a Clark for about 2 years before I got a Hennessy. Both are very comfortable hammocks.

The Clark has a traditional side entry and is easier to use for sitting, I also really like being able to remove the netting when bugs aren't a problem. The pockets for gear under the hammock are a great feature as well. Sleeping in the Clark is a little like sleeping in the bottom of a canoe: you can't roll out. One possible issue with the canoe shape is that the hammock tends to "hug" you more closely than a Hennessy, but it doesn't bother me at all. The closeness of the sides can also make the Clark a bit warm in hot weather, but the ability to unzip the netting helps to cool things off. I'm a side sleeper and have no problems sleeping that way in the Clark. One of my favorite Clark features is the webbing loop at the head of the hammock that you can use to reposition yourself. I've made an underquilt for the Clark using a ray way quilt kit and it works well. I've also used a Big Agnes insulated Air Core mattress succesfully.

The Hennessy's bottom entry took some getting used to, and I'm still not sure I like having bug netting that I can't open, but the Hennessy's open feeling and side pull loops make up for it. I really like the open/spacious feeling in the Hennessy. I can sleep flatter in the Hennessy and did I mention that it feels more roomy :D ? I've only used it in warm weather, so I haven't made an underquilt for it yet, and will probably end up getting a JacksRBetter quilt for it.

When we hike and camp, we usually take both. My 9 year old usually gets the Clark, since he tends to "migrate" while asleep and can't roll out. When I'm solo, I don't really have a preference and will grab the Hennessy for warmer weather and the Clark when it's cooler.

Hikerhead
03-27-2005, 18:16
Happy2bhiking summed it up pretty good. I also have both. I've had a couple of bad experiences with the HH and water, more so my fault than the hammocks. But, with the Clark, it's dummy proof. No way your going to get wet in it.

The Clark weighs about about a lb heavier with the models I have.

neo
03-27-2005, 20:53
thanks for the info,i will probally get a clark some time this year:cool: neo