PDA

View Full Version : AT-TOPO MAPS at http://www.at-topo.com Has anyone here bought this? Opinions...thanks

HUNTHIKELIFT
03-17-2012, 14:42
I was going to buy this, but I wanted input from the pros before I do. Thanks for replies.

http://www.at-topo.com

There isn't a contact listed under contacts on site, which makes me worry alittle.

vamelungeon
03-17-2012, 16:44
At $20 I'm tempted. The samples look good and these would be handy for trip planning. But no, I've never seen these before.

Edwardo Rodriguez
03-17-2012, 17:11
Hum I have to say at first site I like the way it looks for $20 not to bad I can see me using that with either the companion book or the data book. When I click on the contact, I get an email address [email protected].

HUNTHIKELIFT
03-17-2012, 22:24
Looks good...seems to good lol. I might take the plunge and find out. Thanks for replies and if anyone else has input please do. Thanks!

P-Train
03-17-2012, 22:35
I have something very similar from National Geographic featuring TOPO for the GSMNP. I think mine was $18. You could input your waypoints for any trail and save them on the disc, print them out and so forth. It was just OKAY. Kinda neat. IMHO, Google Earth has sub links that are just as good if not better.

Edwardo Rodriguez
03-17-2012, 22:36
Looks good...seems to good lol. I might take the plunge and find out. Thanks for replies and if anyone else has input please do. Thanks!
Yea if I had the money now I will buy a set

P-Train
03-17-2012, 22:38
I have something very similar from National Geographic featuring TOPO for the GSMNP. I think mine was $18. You could input your waypoints for any trail and save them on the disc, print them out and so forth. It was just OKAY. Kinda neat. IMHO, Google Earth has sub links that are just as good if not better.

One more thing is that you can "fly through/over" the trail and see the terrain and what you're going to be dealing with. But again, Google Earth does the same thing.

kidchill
03-18-2012, 06:46
I'm curious what format these are gonna be. It just says a"DVD" with topo-maps. I guess one could print them, but then again, I'd rather just have them on the smartphone/ipad...