PDA

View Full Version : Rockies Ruck - A success!

Mags
03-28-2005, 14:38
The Rockies Ruck was a success. We had 16 people total, not bad for something that started off as a quick e-mail two months ago!

Apparently those of us in the Rockies like to get together with hikers, too! :)

Lots of slide shows and videos (a smattering of AT, PCT and Colorado Trail), plenty of food and great camraderie. Always nice to see hikers, swap tales and be with people who "get it".

Next year, we are going to try doing it at the Leadville Hostel in Leadville, CO. Leadville is a trail town of sorts of the CT/CDT. Probably hold it a little earlier (late Feb? Early March?) to accomodate those who are starting the AT early.

Want to thank not only the people who went but to those who offered me some great advice on AT-L, PCT-L, CDT-L, Whiteblaze and Trail forums. What a great community we belong to!

After all the trail talk, after all the videos and slide shows, and seeing all the great people from the trail, I am ready to quit my job today and go hiking!
(AND..after all the food this weekend, I probably need to take a long hike! :D)

With any luck, this will hopefully be an annual tradition!

Footslogger
03-28-2005, 16:21
I was there ...and thanks again Mags for organizing and hosting the event.

Great to see some old faces from the AT in 2003 (Karma and Skittles) and some new ones. Great chat and fantastic videos. Learned a lot about other trails.

Really nice to hang with hikers again after all these months

'Slogger
AT 2003