PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone strength from GA-NC border to Winding Stair Gap

Stats 2012
03-19-2012, 11:46
Will I be able to make a call out from the mountain tops early in North Carolina (from the state line to Winding Stair Gap)? I have Verizon and, with the exception of Dick's Creek Gap, been able to get reception all throughout Georgia.

I need to call my dad in Mississippi and let him know when to meet me. it'd be nice if I could call him and tell him come earlier or delay his departure.

A related question: I made it from Springer to Dick's Creek Gap in six days without any problems. Do you think I could make it from Dick's Creek to Winding Stair in three days, our should I plan for four? I've heard the trail is a better grade in NC.

Thanks for the help!

Kerosene
03-19-2012, 13:25
While I wasn't actively checking my Verizon phone throughout that section, I do recall getting pretty strong signals atop Standing Indian and Albert.

Bearpaw
03-19-2012, 14:53
While I wasn't actively checking my Verizon phone throughout that section, I do recall getting pretty strong signals atop Standing Indian and Albert.

Hiked with a phone last summer in this section. AT & T phone with lousy reception outside of towns, but I still got 2-3 bars on Albert and Standing Indian Mountains.

Stats 2012
03-20-2012, 06:44
Thank you!