PDA

View Full Version : Best option for a weakish tendon

strollingalong
03-19-2012, 14:47
I've got a slight tendon issue that I'm being very careful with. Achy slightly stiff tendon that flared up about 2 months ago. It's almost back to normal, I'd say 70%. Totally down to pressure on the achilles tendon from back of shoes. Recently was at the beach, barefoot or flipflops/thongs the whole time. Not even the slightest feeling from it. This has made me realise whatever I wear are going to be getting cut right down at the back like I've done with my current shoes.

I{m shuttling it to Mountain Crossings the day before to get very properly measured and then will be performing immediate shoe surgery to massively reduce the height of the shoe to just 1 inch above my sole so there's no tendon pressure. I know I will be out and injured within a couple of weeks without this. Another option could be the vibram five fingers for camp shoes then emergency trail shoes.... I was thinking crocs originally but I'd be silly to hike in crocs should I discover the trail shoes dont work for me.....

whaddya think?