PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Blue Ridge North in Georgia?

timmy_toes
03-21-2012, 14:32
Hey everyone leaving Tuesday and was wondering if anyone has slept in any of the hotels in Blue Ridge North? I plan on driving down Tuesday sleepover an get a fresh start Wednesday and was wondering the best choice, since my father is driving us down I figured he wouldn't want to camp out at the camp grounds around there.

timmy_toes
03-21-2012, 14:37
Sorry if there is any hotel near the route 60 road on the north side of the AT? Im skipping the approach, and plan on back tracking on the AT

daddytwosticks
03-21-2012, 15:28
If you are talking about the town of Blue Ridge, Georgia, yes, I believe there are two or three chain-type motels. Sorry, never stayed in them. May want to Google for more info. :)

generoll
03-21-2012, 15:34
Why Blue Ridge? If you're just looking for a place close to the AT why not stay at the Amicalola Lodge? Then your father can drive you to Springer the next day and you can hike back the peak and then turn around and start your journey.

timmy_toes
03-21-2012, 23:51
way expensive IMO rather do something cheaper close by to the north, coming from philly

The Old Chief
03-22-2012, 10:10
Why not stay at the Hiker Hostel (770-312-7342)? Meets all your requirements and they throw in breakfast and the ride to Springer.

max patch
03-22-2012, 11:20
Here are some options.

The closest city to USFS 42 (road to Springer) is Ellijay, GA. I know there is a chain hotel there (maybe its in East Ellijay but thats OK if it is.) I'd go to hotels.com and find it.

If you don't need to be really close to Springer you may want to check out the hotels in Cleveland TN (that is where you'll probably get off 81). I bet there are a bunch of cheap chains there.

There is a chain hotel in Blue Ridge but it wouldn't make sense to stay there. You'll go 15 miles past Springer to get there and then have to backtrack the next morning.

I'm sure there are other options but that is what came to me off the top of my head.

PapaGarrettP
03-22-2012, 11:22
I'd go with the Hiker Hostel.

FatMan
03-22-2012, 11:24
Blue Ridge is a ways from the trail and there is not a real good way to get to Springer from there. Your best bet would be the Hiker Hostel who will shuttle you to Springer, but if you are wanting a hotel stay in Dahlonega or Ellijay.

Razor
03-22-2012, 12:39
I second what FatMan just said. He is dead on!

max patch
03-22-2012, 12:57
He doesnt need a shuttle. I'm betting his dad will want to hike that 1 mile to Springer with him anyway.