PDA

View Full Version : Leki pole straps

BadAndy
03-21-2012, 17:10
Just discovered that my ever faithful canine companion though it wise to chew through one of my pole straps. Anyone ever replaced them? How easy is it and what did you use.

T-Rx
03-21-2012, 18:01
Try their website at Leki.com. I have previously read here on whiteblaze that Leki has very good customer service, so perhaps they can help.

Del Q
03-21-2012, 22:29
Sadly, just home from my Spring section hike........Bland to Damascus.............left what remained of my Leki poles by a tree before I got onto the road into Damascus.

Done with Leki. Although their service has been great, need poles that I can depend on. Their locking mechanism is not cutting it for me.

Time for some ne gear as a Northbounder hopefully finds some new friends and trail magic.

RWheeler
03-22-2012, 17:03
Sadly, just home from my Spring section hike........Bland to Damascus.............left what remained of my Leki poles by a tree before I got onto the road into Damascus.

Done with Leki. Although their service has been great, need poles that I can depend on. Their locking mechanism is not cutting it for me.

Time for some ne gear as a Northbounder hopefully finds some new friends and trail magic.

Did you have twist locks? I have the flick locks and they work great. I had to tighten one of the screws very slightly to make it snug enough to stay locked when I was leaning on it with a fully-loaded pack.

handlebar
03-22-2012, 22:08

Someone got a nice pair of poles. The new twist locks are a little tricky to use. It's easy to learn how via a video posted on Leki's web site.

As to the chewed straps, I'd contact Leki customer service. They were very nice about replacing the bottom section of one of my poles that got a slight kink during last year's CDT chunk.

BadAndy
03-24-2012, 09:45
From Leki, I will need to replace the entire grip. Anyone ever done this? Is it something that I can do fairly easily myself? I am waiting to hear back on a price quote (they don't have the exact grips as me so I would have to replace the pair), do pes anyone have any reasonable guesses?

I am wondering if I might be better off just sucking it up and buying a new pair. The REI traverse power locks look decent, especially with the current 20% off promotion, and would be an upgrade anyway. Getting away from the Leki twist locks really wouldn't break my heart just trying to save some money since I took it deep and dry from Uncle Sam this year..