PDA

View Full Version : Grey Hound Bus Terminal in Bangor Me moving to Hampden ME

peakbagger
03-22-2012, 13:02
For those Sobos who are planning to take a bus to Katahdin or Nobos planning on returning home from Bangor via bus, this move should be factored in. Hampden is rigth on I95 south fo Bangor but it would be a long somewhat confusing hitch or walk to get from Dysarts to the bus terminal in Bangor.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/21/news/bangor/greyhound-leaving-bangor-bus-terminal-moving-to-dysarts/

nehiker
03-22-2012, 13:30
For those Sobos who are planning to take a bus to Katahdin or Nobos planning on returning home from Bangor via bus, this move should be factored in. Hampden is rigth on I95 south fo Bangor but it would be a long somewhat confusing hitch or walk to get from Dysarts to the bus terminal in Bangor.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/21/news/bangor/greyhound-leaving-bangor-bus-terminal-moving-to-dysarts/

If Cyr Bus Lines also moves its stop (called ``Bangor Greyhound" in their schedule), this should not make much of a difference. Plus, Concord Trailways has better connections to/from Boston.

mudhead
03-23-2012, 07:27
The old location was walkable to grocery/hardware etc. Now you are looking at a cab. Hitching that stretch of I is poor. Old spot was also walkable to Concord. Hitching from there to Dysart's would be a pain. Poor ramps urban blah blah.

Kirby
03-23-2012, 15:31
To get from Bangor to Portland, one can always take Concord Trailways, which is by the mall.

--Kirby

peakbagger
03-23-2012, 16:49
I expect this is a bad move on Grayhounds part as Dysarts in Hampden is a major truck stop on Interstate 95. Many longh haul truckers on I95 and the RT 9 Rt 2 east to west Canadian bypass stop there. I expect throuhg hikers will figure out that instead of buying a ticket they can get a ride with trucker to Boston and beyond for the rpice of pices of cardboard.

mudhead
03-24-2012, 05:35
Concord is located near the Airport Mall, near the airport, not to be confused with the Bangor Mall.

For people from the rest of the world, the Airport Mall qualifies as a plaza.