PDA

View Full Version : pack issue

cricket71
03-25-2012, 20:45
hmmm, :-? the dilemma is now that I've deciced to to purchase lighter gear my pack is the issue. Tent; Big Agnes fly creek 1 , featherd friends swallow sleeping bag and the big agnes air core, My two packs are the rei flash 65 and the osprey kestrel. It'a time I suppose to get a smaller lighter pack, the only problem I can see is ordering something and it not working then I'm stuck with a pack. Oh yaeh I carry an 8liter food bag, pocho 3"x5" one extra pr of socks, 1 tee shirt,1 compression boxer, 1pr nylon shorts(Iwear a kilt)and a cat stove inside a 1 liter pot with wind screen and usually 10oz of fuel. The issue is I my packs are tobig. If any of you UL folks out there could give some suggestions on packs I would be greatful.:-?*****peace****

Rasty
03-26-2012, 10:38
I'm looking at a ULA OHM 2.0 for my next pack. Keep hearing great things about the packs and customer service. $200 for an American made pack. I just have to wait for my Lowe Snowpeak 50 liter to finally fall apart. I think it has another 100 miles left in it. I've had it since 1993. It is a frameless pack and it will be nice to have a frame next time.

RWheeler
03-26-2012, 10:45
I see you're in Coventry. I might be up in that area tomorrow (Mansfield/Tolland) if you wanted to test out my GoLite Jam before you purchase one yourself. But they've also changed the design, so it might not fit the same if you buy one of the newer ones. I can't see it changing all that much, though.

swjohnsey
03-26-2012, 13:20
Use one of your existing packs 'til you get to Neels Gap. They will have all the ULA packs including the Ohm 2.0 and Circuit. See which pack you like best. Mail the old pack home.

turtle fast
03-26-2012, 13:55
Smart move swjohnsey! I would do that as the price for the ULA packs at Mountain Crossings at Neels Gap is comparable to everywhere else and you are getting expert advice. Or you just may find your other bag acceptable. I between your two choices would go with the REI Flash. I an a ULA pack user too and love them.