PDA

View Full Version : Looking for clothing.

tolkien
03-26-2012, 09:46
I've got undershorts, socks, a jacket, and boots, but I need two pairs of shorts and two pairs of shorts. They can't be cotton, obviously, but I don't know what to get. Recommendations?

swjohnsey
03-26-2012, 10:37
One pair of polyester shorts and a poly T-shirt from Walmart.

Mags
03-26-2012, 10:41
One pair of polyester shorts and a poly T-shirt from Walmart.

Pretty much. The starter brand at Wally World (shorts and shirt) or the Champion branded clothing at Target for the same type of shirt/shorts. $20-25 for a very good shirt/shorts combo. I like the champion brand running socks, too.

Have had awesome results with the Champion-branded shirts/shorts over the years FWIW.

turtle fast
03-26-2012, 13:23
Go to a thrift store (Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.) and look for nylon or polyester sport shirts and shorts. Look for soccer shorts, they work well...swim trunks work well too just make sure that the mesh interior do not rub.

leaftye
03-26-2012, 14:03
I prefer the shirts at Target over those at Walmart. For shorts, what about making the transition all the way to a kilt?

RedBeerd
03-26-2012, 14:25
If you dont mind spending the extra money I recommend short running shorts either nike dri fit or brooks. As for shirts, smartwool microweight is awesome. I sweat a lot so knowing im dry in an hour without smelling is great. Ditch the underwear too. Who needs em?