PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on here ever listen to Coast to Coast

Todd Tarbox
03-27-2012, 14:09
Interesting show the other night on bizarre disappearances of people out in the wilderness.

heavyfoot
03-27-2012, 15:33
I love that show. I carry a small radio with me while hiking but I can't listen to Coast to Coast much in camp... it freaks me out.

WingedMonkey
03-27-2012, 16:11
I met a guy at the hostel in Anchorage that believed every single story they told on there. He couldn't stop "sharing". I was a bit relived to continue my travel after two nights there and get distance away from him.
I'll still listen to put me to sleep when I'm in middle of no where and it's all that's on AM radio.

rocketsocks
03-27-2012, 16:33
What is this coast to coast you speak of?

DLANOIE
03-27-2012, 16:36
I love George Norey. I listen to C2C everynight on my way home from work. Great program.

rocketsocks
03-27-2012, 18:19
Googled,looks interestingand,on at the wee hours on AM here,cause I just can't seem to wanna pay for seious radio.In day's of old I would have thrown in a Howard Stern in there,but somehow that dosen't seem fitting anymore.I miss capt. Jenks

lush242000
03-27-2012, 20:15
I used to listen to it when driving late at night. Entertaining.

lush242000
03-27-2012, 20:16
Howard still plays the Captain if it's good. Of course when Howard only works two days a week......

on_the_GOEZ
03-27-2012, 20:54
I love George Norey. I listen to C2C everynight on my way home from work. Great program.

Just listened to a few programs tonight. George Norey is great, MOST of his speakers are. Just another great perspective on less main-stream topics. All in all, just good entertainment. Red Elk anyone? :)

Pony
03-27-2012, 20:55
Didn't Art Bell used to be the host? Used to listen to him on the way home from work at 3am.Dude crackedme up.

Maren
03-27-2012, 21:17
Didn't Art Bell used to be the host? Used to listen to him on the way home from work at 3am.Dude crackedme up.

It was hosted by Bell before he retired. And the people who call in are an absolute riot. Easy to confuse with Dr. Demento.

Todd Tarbox
03-28-2012, 06:00
It was hosted by Bell before he retired. And the people who call in are an absolute riot. Easy to confuse with Dr. Demento.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe you mentioned Dr. Demento. Have not heard that name for along time. Have to disagree on the easy to confuse part. Both weird dudes yes but totally different shows.

Maren
03-28-2012, 08:17
It was hosted by Bell before he retired. And the people who call in are an absolute riot. Easy to confuse with Dr. Demento.

Can't believe you mentioned Dr. Demento. Have not heard that name for along time. Have to disagree on the easy to confuse part. Both weird dudes yes but totally different shows.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. I was joking about the absurdest nature of C2C's topics and callers.

Pedaling Fool
03-28-2012, 09:43
I want to know what happens to all my socks once I throw them in the dryer:confused:

Yesterday I washed a load, included was one pair of socks and one pair of pot holders. I just looked all over the place and I can't find one of two socks and one of two potholders I threw in the dryer yesterday. I've checked everywhere; I've meticulously checked all the other materials in dryer to make sure they were not clinging to them, I've check all around the washer and dryer (including inside), but I can't find them any where.

Ewker
03-28-2012, 10:28
Whitley Strieber used to guest host for Art Bell on the weekends.

Art Bell originally quit the show and went into hiding due to death threats (I think). He came back to the show and stayed there until he retired. His show was so much better than it is now.

Todd Tarbox
03-28-2012, 10:29
I want to know what happens to all my socks once I throw them in the dryer:confused:

Yesterday I washed a load, included was one pair of socks and one pair of pot holders. I just looked all over the place and I can't find one of two socks and one of two potholders I threw in the dryer yesterday. I've checked everywhere; I've meticulously checked all the other materials in dryer to make sure they were not clinging to them, I've check all around the washer and dryer (including inside), but I can't find them any where.

You should try remote viewing. Maybe the went to another dimension where socks rule.

Maren
03-28-2012, 10:59
Ask the shadow people. They know things.

Ewker
03-28-2012, 11:08
Ask the shadow people. They know things.

shadow people do exist :dance

Snowleopard
03-28-2012, 11:11

Have you checked your closets for new coat hangers? It's a well known fact that socks lost in the washer have mutated into coat hangers. I'm not sure what the lost potholders have become.

DLANOIE
03-28-2012, 12:07
One of my fav. episodes was when they discussed project pegasus. What a trip. Google it, it will blow your mind if you believe it.

turtle fast
03-28-2012, 12:10
Don't potholders turn into socks?

double d
03-28-2012, 12:39
Art Bell was the best radio guy on late night, I used to listen to him alot and when I hiked, late at night I would listen to his callers tell him about being taken prisoner by aliens!!! I loved it-although the first night in the woods always has some anxiety for me as I get used to sleeping within the confines of nylon and a down sleeping bag and listening to C2C was a fun way to sleep the first night. I also like the new guy as well, but Art was special, he also had a great radio voice-kinda of raspy-fatherly voice.

Todd Tarbox
03-28-2012, 17:35
One of my fav. episodes was when they discussed project pegasus. What a trip. Google it, it will blow your mind if you believe it.

Most topics on C2C blow my mind!

heavyfoot
03-28-2012, 17:53
Bell was also an excellent interviewer. He really knew how to keep things moving and interesting. Good questions, good hooks before the breaks, etc. I like Noory, too, don't get me wrong. The show is just fun - it's like storytime for grownups.

atraildreamer
03-29-2012, 15:47
What is this coast to coast you speak of?

Coast-to-Coast AM is a radio show that was started by Art Bell: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell

"Fans regard Bell as a master showman, noting that he calls his show "absolute entertainment"[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell#cite_note-5) and expressly says he does not necessarily accept every guest or caller's claims but only offers a forum where they will not be openly ridiculed."

"His calm attitude, patient questions, and ability to tease substance from nebulous statements of callers and guests gave his show a relaxed yet serious atmosphere."

I have listened to a lot of his, and George Noory's shows while working night security posts and his guests and topics run the gamut from the ridiculous to highly informative. Keep a few grains of salt handy if you listen to this show...you'll need them, :rolleyes: but you may be pleasantly surprised by the information contained in some of the more serious topics of discussion. :)

atraildreamer
03-29-2012, 15:53

If you can back-engineer the workings of that dryer, you will have solved the problem of how to make a teleportation device (ala Star Trek's "Beam me up. Scotty!", transporter), and you will discover where all the lost socks and potholders end up! :confused: :D

Did you check the lint trap?

Pedaling Fool
03-29-2012, 16:18
Did you check the lint trap?
What's a lint trap:confused:
>
>
>
>
>
>:D;)
BTW, since losing the sock and potholder I haven't had time to do another search...actually I haven't had the motivation; I'm recovering from mild sun stroke:sun

True Story:

On one of my deployments to the Gulf there was a job that had to be done at night topside and it always involved me and another Officer. On this occasion I was topside with a Lt. and we were waiting for everyone else to come online before we could get started. We were just standing around, not talking and it was completely dark, no moon, but tons of stars.

I don't know what caused me to look in this non-descript section of sky, but in retrospect I think something diverted my attention in this area. All of a sudden a very large looking star just shot straight up in the air, it must have gone from 0 to 10,000 mph (just picking a number, I have no idea of speed) in less than a second. I started to say something, but then I thought..."no, it's probably best just to say nothing". Then all of a sudden I hear the Lt say, "Wooooooh...Did you see that!!?!"

And that's when I confirmed it and said I was questioning myself if I should say something...We decided not to report it.

That's a true story...No sht.

peakbagger
03-29-2012, 16:27
When hiking up on the ridgelines down south it always amazed me the stations I could hear with a cheap FM radio. I dont sleep real well so worse case I would turn the radio on for awhile. A lot of nights it was Coast to Coast or the "Left Behind" radio series, I generally had more respect for many of the folks on C to C than the authors of Left Behind. Of course I come from the least religious state in the nation;) so I guess if just dont understand how some folks thrive on "Left Behind"

rocketsocks
03-29-2012, 16:37

Yesterday I washed a load, included was one pair of socks and one pair of pot holders. I just looked all over the place and I can't find one of two socks and one of two potholders I threw in the dryer yesterday. I've checked everywhere; I've meticulously checked all the other materials in dryer to make sure they were not clinging to them, I've check all around the washer and dryer (including inside), but I can't find them any where.It has been my experience that there are three possible scenarios here,1.You are a victim of the "Borrowers"little creatures that take things only to return them later for purposes only known to them at the time but become clear to us when it is our time.2.It is a little known fact that there is some kind of a worm hole type thing that goes from our dryers to the trunks of our cars.....don't ask just check.3rd and finally what you thought was two socks going in the dryer due to folds,wrinkles and lighting,was actually one and the other is under your bed or night stand.Hope this helps John,and stay out of the sun,it's a killer.:sun