PDA

View Full Version : Non-Americans!

strollingalong
03-29-2012, 12:31
What travel insurance for hiking did you get for the US? reading the policies it seems they would have a couple of ways to screw me out of any medical cover for on-trail "minor" medical things ie. not smashed bones or nearly dying.

You guys really ought to get a decent health care system. What a rather queer bunch of people you are

;)

Fiddleback
03-29-2012, 12:38
Thanks for the suggestion. It's currently under discussion.:banana

FB

coach lou
03-29-2012, 12:46
Hey, I put all my Dental on my L.L. Bean Visa Dental Plan!

Sarcasm the elf
03-29-2012, 13:07
What travel insurance for hiking did you get for the US? reading the policies it seems they would have a couple of ways to screw me out of any medical cover for on-trail "minor" medical things ie. not smashed bones or nearly dying. You guys really ought to get a decent health care system. What a rather queer bunch of people you are ;)If you are looking for an actual answer then I would recommend starting a new thread with only the first paragraph of the opening post included. Thanks to the second paragraph of your post I foresee that his thread will get very silly very fast.

strollingalong
03-29-2012, 13:13
well, if that does happen, I'll get my desired result when/if a non-american replies, and I've riled up a few people about something that is a non-discussion point. strange folk theory will have been proven. 1-0

Sandy of PA
03-29-2012, 13:13
Minor medical things you pay for yourself! That is the way it is for most of US. That was the original premise of insurance.

moytoy
03-29-2012, 13:28
I suppose you can buy any level of insurance in the the US you wish. Our insurance is private corporations so we don't have a Fed system per se. I must wonder what kind of insurance I could get if I'm hiking in Mexico.

strollingalong
03-29-2012, 13:36
Ok, I'll just get the cheap stuff and pay as I go then. thanks :)
I doubt you'd get any US insurance specifically for hiking in Mexico because of the drugs market, guns and drugs war the USA supplies and funds that has made huge portions of this nation unhikeable and very dangerous. However you would be able to get state health cover for all health emergencies and minor procedures for $120 a year. The Copper Canyon is probably the best hiking spot in Mexico and more or less safe even though it's in Chihuahua.

HiKen2011
03-29-2012, 13:48
Ok, I'll just get the cheap stuff and pay as I go then. thanks :)
I doubt you'd get any US insurance specifically for hiking in Mexico because of the drugs market, guns and drugs war the USA supplies and funds that has made huge portions of this nation unhikeable and very dangerous. However you would be able to get state health cover for all health emergencies and minor procedures for $120 a year. The Copper Canyon is probably the best hiking spot in Mexico and more or less safe even though it's in Chihuahua.
$120.00 per year! Sign me up, I'm packing my bags as I'm typing!

Stir Fry
03-29-2012, 13:50
Oh are you going to have fun with that adatude when you go on your hike. Sound like you already have something agenst the USA.