PDA

View Full Version : Heading Out

Maren
03-29-2012, 20:14
Well, this is it. I'm leaving for Georgia in the morning; hitting the approach Saturday. I'm experiencing some intense nervous excitement. I think I need a drink.
Thanks for all the advice and info. I feel fairly confident I'll survive out there and have a great time in between the bouts of hunger and near-death experiences.
Hope to see lots of you out there. Happy trails and good luck!

www.trailjournals.com/maren/

MissMagnolia
03-29-2012, 20:19
Well, this is it. I'm leaving for Georgia in the morning; hitting the approach Saturday. I'm experiencing some intense nervous excitement. I think I need a drink.
Thanks for all the advice and info. I feel fairly confident I'll survive out there and have a great time in between the bouts of hunger and near-death experiences.

www.trailjournals.com/maren/ (http://www.trailjournals.com/maren/)

In less than three weeks I'll be out there behind you. I'll look for your register entries. Nervous excitement is the perfect description for how I feel, too.

ekeverette
03-29-2012, 20:22
me to, next week..... nervouse

Jeremy hess
03-29-2012, 20:46
Just about 2 weeks for me and i cant even sleep im so excited....and nervous and all kinds of things i cant even put into words

rocketsocks
03-29-2012, 20:49
Look forward to following along through journal,Have a great hike Maren.

msupple
03-29-2012, 20:54
I'm starting on Monday but will not be doing the approach trail...that should put me a day behind you. I'd say there is a good possibility our paths may cross. I'm still figuring out the best way for me to get to Springer. I'm thinking I may just leave my car at the Ranger Station. Good luck with your hike...I've always enjoyed your posts.

Miguel

lush242000
03-29-2012, 21:05
Need a drink? Survive? Hunger? It's the AT. Not a Jack London novel.

Maren
03-29-2012, 22:43
Need a drink? Survive? Hunger? It's the AT. Not a Jack London novel.

Poetic license. I'm excited and looking forward to it. Well aware it's a well-trodden path.

I hope you all have a great hike!

rocketsocks
03-29-2012, 22:51
Poetic license. I'm excited and looking forward to it. Well aware it's a well-trodden path.

I hope you all have a great hike!Suffice to say you wont sleep a wink.;)

Maren
03-29-2012, 22:56
True. Though the bourbon in my hand might help. (I wasn't taking any license in saying I needed a drink.;))

Maren
03-29-2012, 22:58
Miguel, I'm sure we'll run into each other. Do what I did: Convince someone who loves to drive you. I bribed my love with promises of Waffle House.

rocketsocks
03-29-2012, 23:11
True. Though the bourbon in my hand might help. (I wasn't taking any license in saying I needed a drink.;))Yep,bourbon 'll do it,and a bloody mary in the morning?easy on the blood heavy on the mary! try a Slim Jim for a swizzle stick,very tasty.

Maren
03-30-2012, 00:45
Just don't go beyond the recommended daily amount of bourbon. Makes it hard to type.

rocketsocks
03-30-2012, 01:14
Just don't go beyond the recommended daily amount of bourbon. Makes it hard to type.Are you gonna try to get some sleep tonight?

hunter121
03-30-2012, 04:30
a great site,many useful information!
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/20.creation.jpg
http://www.canadablackberry.com/imgs/images/2.tod.gif

Spokes
03-30-2012, 04:49
YEEHAW!!!!! She's off!

I've got an rss feed to your journal setup so I won't miss a thing.

Cheers!

T-Rx
03-30-2012, 08:47
Good luck and keep those trail journals updated so those of us still in the working world can enjoy your experiences:sun

Canyonero
03-30-2012, 13:45

www.trailjournals.com/maren/ (http://www.trailjournals.com/maren/)

I might run into you tomorrow! My fiancee and I are doing the Approach Trail as a day hike. I will be in a UMBC shirt! Good luck!

One
03-30-2012, 15:31
Good Luck! See You up the trail, Enjoy!

Pesky
03-30-2012, 15:39
I'm at the approach Saturday as well. I will probably be orange green and blue...black hat. Answer to "zero" "pesky" "John" and "hey". Just nervous now...excited in the morning?