PDA

View Full Version : bug out bag?

rocketsocks
03-31-2012, 22:02
Do you have a bug out bag?Weather it be for Friday after work,your packed at all times ready to hit the trail,road,fishing,or an evening dinner at a favorite spot.Or in the event of economic break down.And where are you bugging to?whats in your bag?lets keep it loose.

RWheeler
03-31-2012, 22:07
I always have a backpack loaded with the gear to rig up a 100' slackline.

rocketsocks
03-31-2012, 22:13
I always have a backpack loaded with the gear to rig up a 100' slackline.But fer what?

jakedatc
03-31-2012, 22:20
I keep all my hiking and climbing gear on a plastic shelf unit in my basement. I can have the car packed to climb either sport or trad and on the road in under an hour. I don't keep much in my backpack since it is easier to be modular.

I DO keep a food/cooking box ready to go that can have some things added to it quickly. (climbing places i go to are car camping)
small/medium pot, frying pan, utensils
can of soup, ramen, pasta, oatmeal
rubbermaid/gladware boxes, ziplock bags

lush242000
03-31-2012, 22:26
Always. In the back of the truck. Had one for years. I call it the grab and go bag

dale1627
03-31-2012, 22:26
I have one ready in the trunk of my car and another in the wife's car. Each one has warmth, water, and at least a days food for three. I have a large family but we rarely travel together. These aren't for wtshtf but for typical things. An example is for snow. My wife was stuck on a major interstate several years ago for about eight hours in a snow storm. She had all the kids and her mom with her. Plenty of gas but no provisions. They were okay but miserable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RWheeler
03-31-2012, 23:58
But fer what?

To go rig up a slackline! It can be very cathartic, and also an amazing core/lower body workout. It's very centering and fun :D

rocketsocks
04-01-2012, 00:19
To go rig up a slackline! It can be very cathartic, and also an amazing core/lower body workout. It's very centering and fun :DAre you in the circus?;)Yeah ,that seems to be catching on.:)