PDA

View Full Version : Hammock sale

Granger
03-31-2005, 15:30
Well, I pulled the trigger on a hammock. Having never seen one in use I based my choice soley on users posts and reviews I read at backpack gear test. Considering I have no idea what I am getting myself into, time will tell if I made the right choice. :)

Anyway, I figured I would pass this on, Hennessy hammocks has some demo and "seconds" on sale right now. I got a EXPLORER ULTRALITE A-SYM for $139 with free shipping. The only "issue" with it was that the Tarp is olive drab and the hammock is desert tan instead of the standard coyote brown. This is a new, never used item. They also have some demos of various models that are reduced in price as well. I'm not sure how many they have left but if anyone is in the market check out their website http://www.hennessyhammocks.com They ask you to email them to obtain a price list but they seem so nice and eager to help I'm sure you could just call.

Hope this helps and will buy me some patience when I start asking "New to hammocking" questions.

Cheers,
Granger

ivanputski
03-31-2005, 16:25
Thanks for the tip. I too, am now a member of the hanging club.

Granger
03-31-2005, 16:44
Thanks for the tip. I too, am now a member of the hanging club.
Nice, glad it helped!

Just Jeff
04-01-2005, 08:58
Hrm...I sent an email days ago and never got a reply.

Granger
04-01-2005, 09:57
Hrm...I sent an email days ago and never got a reply.
Jeff,
When I talked to them yesterday they told me they received almost 150 emails overnight. If your interested in the sale, I would just call them. There wasn't huge quanities of discounted items when I placed my order so I imagine they will sell out sooner then later.

Good luck,
Granger

2XL
04-01-2005, 14:21
$98 for a HH Expidition Asym.
I'm not sure of the differences of the Expidition and the Explorer, but this may fit your needs.
http://www.southsummit.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=47_189&osCsid=8800ef0efa7763d3f55a548572b3d1de

I bought my Explorer Deluxe from them and was happy with their service.

Baker
04-01-2005, 23:05
I got myself a demo model as well... stumbled upon the sale by mere chance.
Can't wait for it to arrive... wanna test that bad boy out.