PDA

View Full Version : Big agnes sleep system

Granger
03-31-2005, 15:51
Does anyone have experience with the following set up?

Hennessy Hammock
Big Agnes Horse Theif 35o
Big Agnes insulated air core pad (rated to 15o)

I am trying to figure out if this is going to keep me warm enough in southwest VA during the 3rd weekend of April? I think the temps tend to be around 55/45 but the lowest forecast for next ten days is 45o/30o though it should be warmer then that (i hope)

Thanks for your help,
Granger

Repeat
03-31-2005, 17:34
My experience with the BA insulated air core pad by itself with my hammock, is that the the pad is comfortable down to about 40 to 45 degrees. I sleep in silk long-johns, my hiking shorts and a shirt, while using a WM Megalite as a quilt. I carry a 30 x 20 x 1/2 inch piece of closed cell foam to use under the BA pad in the region of my butt/lower back. This keeps me comfortable down to 35 degrees or so.

Granger
03-31-2005, 18:09
My experience with the BA insulated air core pad by itself with my hammock, is that the the pad is comfortable down to about 40 to 45 degrees. I sleep in silk long-johns, my hiking shorts and a shirt, while using a WM Megalite as a quilt. I carry a 30 x 20 x 1/2 inch piece of closed cell foam to use under the BA pad in the region of my butt/lower back. This keeps me comfortable down to 35 degrees or so.
Cool, thanks. I guess I'll have to look into some extra insulation.