PDA

View Full Version : George and Murray Ziggenfuss

stomparound85
03-31-2005, 16:20
Has anyone been blessed by the wonderful hospitality of George and Murray Ziggenfuss.:welcome

TakeABreak
03-31-2005, 18:01
Yes, I was on my thru 2000 thru-hike, George was doing a day hike near bland, I asked him (not knowing who he was) if knew of a good place for me tent for the night, because I had a mail drop to pick up in the morning. He said yeah, go to the next road and I will pick you up in 2 hours and take you home ( Istill was not sure who he was except and angel). I got the road where the pay phone is, he came picked me up, I asked if I could by him and his wife dinner. He said no, Murray is heating up left over for me right know, (it was then that I realized who he was).

He took me home let me take a shower, loaned me sweats while my clothes were being washed, gave me dinner, his wife Murray, then gave a BIG piece of cake a glass of wine, we talked a bit I believe I used their computer to do email. I sacked out in my sleeping bag on the living room floor.

The next morning he made a huge omelette and toast, took me to get my mail drop, back home to sort through it, then to the general store, and then to the trail. I offer several times to leave a donation but he would not hear of it, so I thinked him and off I went.

There will always be special place in myheart for him and his wife, because he did not know it, but the night he took home I was done to just a couple snacks in my food bag, and had accepted the fact that I was going to go to bed hungry that night, but instead the good Lord provided me with a feast.

Blue Jay
03-31-2005, 20:22
For some reason my post went missing. I was a guest in their home. They are two of the most wonderful people on the planet.

Badger
04-01-2005, 21:06
He gave you his wife Murray?!? What a generous guy. :jump